Front Brake Problems :(...help Wanted

ride_dirt

hi all

my 2001 monty is a brill bike but i find after using the front brake a couple of times it produces majour brake fade. i have bleed the whole system plenty of times and made sure of no water in the system but to no benefits.

it winds my up when i go on my friends beta and the bike stops on a knifes edge using the brake but mine lets you keep heading towards the trees without slowing me down much.

the pads are as new and skuffed up. caliper stripped and cleaned. pads and pins lubed.

is there anything im missing???

thanks all andy

I had this problem with my beta! i changed pads fit new caliper seals and spent hours bleeding it! when going down hill it just faded when held on! it turned out to be master cyl piston seals even though i could not see any damage to them!

no expensive pads

im not to worryed about the front brake now as i have crashed the bike on sunday during a trial. i was crossing some open land to another area whilst in 4th and doing a wheelie when my rear wheel found a tree sump hiden in the leaves and knocked my feet off the pegs. i was dragged behind the bike flat out (approx 30mph) straight into a tree. amazing i was ok let alone walked out of the crash.

will do a full estimate of the bike when i can use my hand more and walk ok so i can ask for some parts.

thanks for the advice on the brake thou.

andy