Trials At The X-games

sir dabs alot

I believe Trials will soon be at the X games but the riders will be racing and they will be on Enduro bikes and it may be called Endurocross. That sport has many trials riders and trials type riding and since the promoter has shown a huge success and growth rate I think Eric P. will be the guy to put the effort out that it may take.

I guess they could try a speed trial too.

Personally there's nothing more impressive to me than seeing someone conquer a tall, sketchy obticle without putting there foot down, I just wonder if the average American's attension span can be patient enough to watch long enough to realize the skill involved.

I'm sure the announcer would have to do a sort of explaination feature to let everyone know what the object of the game is. I think once people realized they weren't supposed to put there feet down it might be more interesting to them?????

Have you seen the Nitro Circus episode where they try to ride the obsitcal course? Robbie Madisons new years ride up and down the Arc Triumph in Vegas? (I thought he should have paused and launched on his way down not just rode off. Rookie mistake! haha) These are trials manuvers. Of course they were on 110 pit bikes and motorcross bike but it is here on our tv. Bicycle trials may make it into x games before motorcycles. It just seems that much more impossible with out an engine on camera. The camera also does not give it perspective.

The other thing to consider in the x-games is the failure or pulling off a stunts in the events that they have in place already. From freestyle to skate boards to roller blade freestyle. These guys are crashing at what seems impossible to survive heights. I don't know about you but a trials crash does not seem that horrific (oops i fell down). Thats not saying that we can't get hurt doing what we do but it just wouldn't seem that impossible on camera. A race between two trials riders may be the answer but a true trials just may not cut it.

I agree I could watch it on tv and would be glued to the tube if it were on but I am the first to tell you that I am not the normal watcher.

--Biff

been saying this for 10 years, I believe there was talk abought this in the late '90's, I think it was some kind of NATC BS that stoped it, don't know my facts as I am not very politically involved, I think it would offer a lot of exposure to the trials scene and help our sport to grow, Endurocross is NOT Trials its Stadium Cross Country Racing

been saying this for 10 years, I believe there was talk abought this in the late '90's, I think it was some kind of NATC BS that stoped it, don't know my facts as I am not very politically involved, I think it would offer a lot of exposure to the trials scene and help our sport to grow, Endurocross is NOT Trials its Stadium Cross Country Racing

Getting any form of trials into the X Games would be a major coup. I know that Geoff Aaron tried hard to crack that nut. It may be some sort of Indoor section or side by side racing or even some Free Riding by top riders that would appeal to them, but it would be a major boost for the sport.

The comments about the NATC are out of line. I have been to a lot of NATC meetings over the years and no one ever said a word against the X Games. Why people make these kind of stupid comments is beyond me.

Getting any form of trials into the X Games would be a major coup. I know that Geoff Aaron tried hard to crack that nut. It may be some sort of Indoor section or side by side racing or even some Free Riding by top riders that would appeal to them, but it would be a major boost for the sport.

The comments about the NATC are out of line. I have been to a lot of NATC meetings over the years and no one ever said a word against the X Games. Why people make these kind of stupid comments is beyond me.

sorry Martin I have the utmost respect for you, and if you say it had nothing to do with NATC I take it as gospel, and thankyou for bringing some credability to this thread

stupid comments come from uninformed people like myself who listen to other uninformed or misinformed people, sorry no jab at NATC intended.

Edited by MotoVintage