2009 280 Back Wheel Rubs Exhaust

grahambaskin

Yep most of gassers have this problem, What I do to stop the tyre rubbing is to fit a washer between the exhaust & the frame on the top middle bracket, you will see a thick spacer there but put a washer in there as well & that will stop your problem.

Cheers,

Ben.

Edited by GasGasben

same as ben..couple of washers does the trick....

Did you get your carbon tail pipe Ben ???? If so what do you think...

Sure did mike, & it's a beast sounds awesome, looks awesome couldn't ask for more, also got my Flywheel weight which has transformed the bike

Hi Ben, just noticed your comment on the fly wheel weight, does it make much difference? Got a 300 pro, love the power but sometimes it's just a little too snappy at low revs in mud and spins up bit too easy and was wondering if the weight will soften it without loosing too much power, as i rode a 280 other day that was unbelievably smooth at bottom end...

Thanks

Hi Ben, just noticed your comment on the fly wheel weight, does it make much difference? Got a 300 pro, love the power but sometimes it's just a little too snappy at low revs in mud and spins up bit too easy and was wondering if the weight will soften it without loosing too much power, as i rode a 280 other day that was unbelievably smooth at bottom end...

Thanks

Hi,

the flywheel weight was noticable at bottom end power & it definatly has better grip, up those big hills it used to grip well before but jesus there is absolutly no spin or whatever. the bike feels very smooth as well, a lot smother than it used to be.

Cheers

Ben.

cheers Ben, that sorted my problem out. Im much happier now. Do you know of any other small this to look out for on this bike.

Hi,

No other problems to warn you about really just keep the air filter as clean as possible i try to clean mine every week because it wouldn't run well at all the other week because of the mud inside it.

Cheers,

Ben.