Gaerne Boots Life Expectancy

gazzaecowarrior

Give Mo-Jo a call on 01227 789090 he build up my trials boot and stitched the existing sole back on.

Mo Jo works full time repairing racers and speedway riders leathers but started on making shoes for special needs people.

Edited by CoMorph

• 14 years later...

On 8/16/2009 at 6:29 PM, zippy said:

Odd, A buddy and me have had the opposite experience.

I have a pair of Gaerne boots that were old when they were given to me. (I get by with a little help from my friends) They seem to be holding up well there are a couple of places on the boot upper area that the stitching have come away. But the stitching for the soles is still going strong. The soles themselves are a bit chewed but still working well. These boots have a spot on the back that say "Dougie Lampkin no stopping anytime", any ideas what year?

My friends Novogars after a couple months wore a hole in the sole, and now the sole has let loose at the toe end of the boot. some glue and screws later it's back on. But I think he has returned to using his old Hebo boots.

I have heard that Alpinestars are the most comfy but look beat to **** after 1 season.

Zippy, did you ever find out what year those boots were?  I just missed a set of these -- kicking myself!  

12 hours ago, pinsx3 said:

Zippy, did you ever find out what year those boots were?  I just missed a set of these -- kicking myself!  

Nope, but a short while later I switched to Alpinestars and never looked back.  So much happier with the Alpinestars, stiffer sole so my arches don't hurt.