Trying To Locate Old Article

slogger

I remember a while ago reading an article about how to change the fork seals on a Rev3?

I have to attempt this for the first time on my 2004 rev3 due to lesking fork seals and wondered if anyone can point me in the right direction or give me a step by step guide.

Rob

Have you tried looking through the Lo-Fi version of the forum you're interested in - Beta in this case. The Lo-Fi link is at the bottom of the page. And Lo! all old articles shall be visible.

Edited by Wherry

All,

thanks for your help so far..... just a few points to clarify to help me......

1) In my ignorance I ordered "a set of seals", but I have only recieved a set of dust seals? Is this normal or should I be looking to change the inner seals as well

2) If the latter, the Sherco article referenced above uses a special tool to drive these seals home ??????? is this needed or is their away around this

Just know Im going to make a hash of it if I dont fuly understand!

Rob

You need to change the inner oil seals too, which are the issue for you. You should always put in new dust caps as well, so it's good you have them already. You need to take the fork apart as shown in that Sherco .pdf to get the seal out.

You need something to drive the new seals in without marring them or the forks up. You can easily make your own driver out of a piece of pvc (plastic pipe) the right diameter, which I think is all the RYP unit is. Just make sure it fits over the seal good and down into the fork bottom to drive it in. Also make sure you tape up the fork top and oil the seal when sliding it on so you don't tear them. Good luck.

p.s. Beta US delivers a good video on this and other maintenance tips. Not sure if Beta UK has one as well, but that would be good to have and a dealer should know.

cheers for all that.

My assumption was wrong, the seals they have sent me were the inner seals not the dust caps! should look more closely next time! Now have to order a set of dust caps.......................