Gasgas Twin Air Filter

scotty97

Whats the best oil to put on a 'TWIN AIR' air filter, i used some k&n oil that i had lying around but it seems very thick when on the filter

More than likely, the K&N filter oil you used (probably red in color) was for a different type filter element (a trapped-layer gause type that requires a little different flow agent and final viscosity). I'd use a filter oil that is specific for "foam type filters".

Jon

Im using No-Toil filter oil the same as I use on my enduro bike for years and TwinAir filters, Its convenient and can wash your filters in the sink.

I got a new can of silkolene oil I wont be using it's yours to collect if you're local.

Scotty, I'm in Cheshire UK

notoil is available as a kit,. (filter oil, rim seal grease and a cleaner)

I would recommend to use with new filters as it is not compatable with mineral based oils or cleaners (ie parafin or white spirit wont touch it!) and likewise the Notoil cleaner wont touch mineral oils.

Dead easy to use,

Disolve the cleaner in warm water in the sink, It wont stink the house out, Pull the plug and rinse under tap. :mellow:

Have a look at their site notoil.com

Chesire is a bit far for me to come for a tin of oil. Ha ha thanks anyway im in south wales. Il take a look at that website and may be buy some new filters then. i hate standing out the back of my house in the pi*sing down rain trying to clean a filter, it'l be a pleasure to stand at the kitchen sink and clean something other than b*stard dishes!!!! ha ha

The new tin is back on the shelf.

I was chattin to a friend who has secretly been using notoil for some time, He/She said 'the best place for that old sticky mineral stuff is in next doors cat litter tray.'

How cruel would that be but how funny would it look?

A bit messy to say the least!

oops!

Just as a little note after reading your thread, the no-toil product does seem very good. I have used it for several years now.

In the US, it is marketed in the Honda motorcycle dealers under a Honda retail label which even clearly states that it is made by no-toil. Not sure about UK market.

I cannot confirm that HRC is using it, but I cannot think of a reason not.

:D

Had my No-toil filter oil yesterday but still waiting for my new filter, decided to take the bike out for a ride last night, but the bike kept cutting out at low revs, i have never had this problem before, my bike (touchwood) has always run sweet as a nut.. The only difference being that the air filter in her has the K&N oil on it. Has any one else seen this problem before, im hoping that when i put my new filter in the bike it should cure this, i know its strange but it felt like the bike was suffocating?????????????

Yep, too much oil will cause this regardless if it's the right stuff or not. take the filter out and wring it out in a towel/rag/wifes best table cloth to remove the excess. Better still, wash it, dry it and use some of your new stuff - but not too much !

GJ :D