Thermostat Replacement

neo

Has anyone found a suitable replacement thermostat for the Sherco?

I can't believe the money Sherco charge for this device.....looks like it comes out of a dishwasher to me. And there might be an even better/slimmer one waiting to be discovered :D

Best of balance.

Neo

Gday Neo, It might be worth taking into your local Bursons, Repco etc and getting them to try matching it up with a car one. They must be pretty similar in function as car fans start around 98C ish (they both have pressurized systems) so its mainly finding a thread to suit. Shouldn't be too hard...(famous last words :-)

Cheers,

Stork

Most car ones work differently as they provide the temperature for the ECU and the gauge in the dash, the ECU turns the fan on. Trials bike ones are just a on off switch that turn on at a certain temperature.

If you were really keen you could make a circuit up to use a car one, it would be fairly easy to rig it up with a adjustable turn on point, if that floats your boat.

As far as im aware, and the forest floor is after it found itself soaked in coolant, that the sherco stat isn't threaded. Rather just the push in kind with a case around. should be able to find a push in kind down your local motor factors, thats where I got my replacement on my 06.

Yea, it is just a thermo switch, not a sensor, and not threaded in, just held with a retainer and seal. I just do not know ov anything else that fits it, although it may be produced by Leonelli, some liquid cooled scooters may use something similar.

Once again, life is too short! :rolleyes:

If memory serves me correctly 90's gassers used the same switch so might be worth checking on price for them

Maybe more to the point....what do GasGas use now and is it adaptable??

Best of balance.

Neo

Well Spotted shercoman :huh:

7757205.jpg

Akira Makoto is in effect puts a very fragile credibility.

High quality parts at a very cheap. RTL250R Reliable switches employ RTL250R genuine products! ! However Samosuitchiatatchimento is produced in high quality aluminum and is also highly corrosive damage anodized black! !

SHERCO 95-03GASGAS 9,800 Adaptation models: SHERCO 2 strike all models 95-03GASGAS

The gassers changed to the in-rad type in 03

So it should read All SHERCO's and 95-03 GASGAS

Looks like that would work, is it anodized ali? or plastic?

Your guess Cope is as good as mine. :huh:

I think it's a better device though. Because on the Sherco thermostat the fixed spade connectors rub up against the tank.

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo