Reed Block Screws

neo

Hi.

Does any know the size and thread of those 4 small cross point screws that hold the reeds to reed block?. I messed mine up trying to unscrew them today and need to buy some more on Monday.

Also, once you fit Boysean reeds what changes to the pilot jet are needed?

Best of balance.

Neo

On a GasGas they're M4x8 and I'd guess the Sherco is the same, but not certain. I've fitted Boysen reeds to several Gassers over the years and never had to re-jet. Some needed a twiddle of the mixture screw, but nothing major. Good luck getting those screws. Dave

Neo you're going to have problems getting the right screws from anyone but sherco unless you change to buttonhead capscrews. I run a v-force3 reed block which doesn't have screws so have no idea on their sizing. Take the reed block to a fastening supplier & hopefully they can help you

Just to clarify....it is the tiny cross-point screws that hold down the actual reeds (not the reed block) that I need to fine the size of?

The 06 parts book does not have a number for these....so assume they're included with the block.

Many thanks.

Neo

You're lucky I had my verniers at home & know where the original reed block is, the screws are M3 x 5 or 6. It would still pay to take it with you when you see the fastening supplier as 1 trip to get the right size is better than 2 :huh:

Neo you're going to have problems getting the right screws from anyone but sherco unless you change to buttonhead capscrews.

Now I know what you mean tony...I had to file the outer edge of the screw heads a bit to make the reed block go back in. But on the plus side, there no way these screws could ever undo themselves and come out :rotfl:

Best of balance.

Neo