Bfd Boxing Day Trial Under Wtc Rules

adsy

I have just read in TMX that the BFD club are running the anual Boxing Day trial under the WTC rules!!!!!!!

What is the point in this, have'nt we got too many different sets of rules already with two. Why introduce another?

I am sure the majority of riders would rather have a normal ride round on a Boxing Day full of Turkey & Booze than attempt to wreck themselves & there bikes.

It seems to me that this event catering for the minority, and not the majority!

The sport is never going to entice more poeple from the Clubmans course onto the hard course with this type of event!

Are the club planning on running more events like this? Or is this just a one off? If it is, then again, what is the point????????

P.S. SEE YOU AT POST HILL. :(

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rode it in 2001, on the Clubman route, and just out of plaster from a Broken wrist. It was testing but not stupid, even though the ground frost didn't thaw, and it was bloody cold for riders and observers.

The Graded Hill was brilliant fun :(

Expert route is set for Experts, I think Dougie lost 27ish, so definitly testing. But all the lads and lasses know what its going to be like and still fill the entry.

If you don't like the rules or event then don't ride it, there's plenty of other events running with a 20 mile radius - same can't be said of the South Midlands - so pay your money and make your choice.

It does attract some big names. Doug on 27 :( he has won many a world round on a lot less, if the club are aiming for that, then it's spot on.

I used to ride the event and it was based more on who could get done fastest to get the first round in, I even remember Tow, doing a forward flipp in the milk van coming down the hill :D

Last year, I overheard one of the top riders say "British Champ rounds aren't this ******* hard!"

I ride the Clubman route and will be very happy if I manage to keep my score below 100 :( Done it for the last 2, maybe 3 years and always enjoy it - sometimes I look at the sections and think "****, is that the easy route?"

Like someone said earlier, you don't have to ride it - turn up and laugh at the likes of me instead...

Results

2000 Graham Jarvis 0, Dougie lampkin1, Martin Crosswaite 16. Servere frost

2001 Dougie Lampkin 12, Martin Crosswaite 20, ben hemingway 27 Heavy snow freezing conditions

2002 Dougie lampkin 3, Graham Jarvis 6, Shaun Morris 20. Freezing then rain

2003 Shaun Morris 21 Freezing rain then bright.

Not sure where Doug lost his other 15 in 2001??

The trial is being marked as the World C/ship rules. The sections on the expert course will be plotted so that the riders and observers can give an opinion on what THEY think of the rules. They will not be world c/ship sections.

Comments recieved every year from the top riders are the same. They are taking the p*** out of each other.

The Clubman course will again be a steady ride round.

And yes we will be in the pub by 2:30pm at the latest.

This year there will be a collection for the Martin House Hospice so bring along your loose change.

I totally agree with adsy on this 1!!!

According to the article that was writen in the TMX it states that there will be at least 2 sections of world severity

After all its a club trial so it is absolutely outragous that the likes of dougie lampkin and graham jarvis go around for anything more than "the odd dab."

Also its hard enough getting 1 observer per section, never mind 2 and all with stop watches!!

Fim rules demand a stopwatch to time the 90 seconds are you under WTC rules or not?

Dabster, this trial is being promoted as a FUND RAISING event, no blue peter badges etc. The winner does receive a nice trophy tho'.

We are just trying to do something different and give the riders a chance to ride the FIM rules, if you would like to come along and bring your stopwatch you can have section 15!

ACU rules demand you sign on 30 mins before the trial, do YOU?

To most folk any section is like a world round section on Boxing Day, remember what day it is the previous one!

Food, Beer, Food, Beer, MORE BEER etc! :(

Mother in law dont want to go ome, wife pi$$ed, and you just woke up @ 9pm after pm trip ta pub.

RELAX A LITTLE FELLA !!!!!!!!!!

What is the point in this,

The sport is never going to entice more poeple from the Clubmans course onto the hard course with this type of event!

Are the club planning on running more events like this? Or is this just a one off? If it is, then again, what is the point????????

The point of running it is to give riders the chance to ride under FIM rules,

just as MANY riders asked us to for a ONE off.

Bradford club does what the club's riders ask us to do!

We were asked, we asked the ACU, permission granted.

The Boxing Day trial attracts NO club or centre grading points, it is a FESTIVE get together, some of the people who attend as a rider or spectator probably have not seen each other since the previous Boxing Day trial. I myself have thought it more like a trials history lesson when walking down the wood some years.

As a club we can't be doing too much wrong, Yorkshire Centre Team Trial Champions (AGAIN) Growing membership, Good social events etc.

At our trial last weekend we had a good few members move up a grade, Beg to Clubman, Clubman to Hard, they may not all stay on the upgraded course but they ARE HAVING A GO !

Just as on Boxing Day they can have a go at FIM rules.

:( BE HAPPY ITS ONLY A GAME