Bfd Boxing Day Trial Under Wtc Rules

adsy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't remember trials having this many whingers!!!!!!!!!

But maybe the internet has given the whingers a medium.

If a club's organising a trial that will get full entries, you've got the choice:

1. you turn up, have a ride

2. you turn up, have a watch - or even observe

3. you work yourself into a lather moaning about it and don't turn up

At least if you do 1 or 2 you'll know for next year.

Lighten up - have a beer, build up to Xmas, I am, I started in August :(

bdmc seems very defensive?

is it world rules(totally) or not

seems half baked, and weve had enough of those type of rules.

Not at all defensive, plenty off GOOD feedback at the trial this weekend, and MANY entries.

It is FIM rules, what is 1/2 baked about that?

What you moaners seem to forget, it is something different for 1 day.

However if you want to live your life in 1 lane, never seeing anything from a different point and have a laugh, carry on, and BE HAPPY

I am

:(

I hate carrots.

Cant see in daylight so why eat carrots?

Ave been reading replies to this post with interest.

It has said that I am whinging, but that is simply not the case.

All I asked was a question, what is the point???

Ok it may be just for one day, but we don't see your local football team or the like changing the rules for a sunday match, 'just to get a reaction'!

It just seems that this is de-valuing our sport & turning it into a hobby!

At the moment trialing is thriving, with more entries than ever before, my view is if it's not broke don't fix it. The full FIM rules are fine for what they were intended, WTC & Euro Comps & thats it, they have no place in local events. Surely the club remembers the bad old days of hop + bop & 20 minutes in a section, with classic trials like the Scottish & Scott struggling for entries, and nearly being merely history.

This is not a whinge I am simply putting across a point of view, because I care about the sport I am part of, & it p****s me off when poeple start messing about with it. :D

Adsy, take a look at this thread. This is how trials work at many (if not most) clubs around the country. They're not ACU rules and they're not FIM rules - they're simplified hybrid of both. So from your point of view, any event where the observers aren't fully trained and apply the rulebook to the letter is guilty of devaluing the sport. At an amateur level, for most people sport IS a hobby. And there's nothing wrong with that in my book. I seriously doubt whether I'll ever be any better than a mid-pack clubman rider but I really don't care. I enjoy myself and I enjoy my HOBBY.

Congratulations to the BDMC for trying something different. After attending the (BDMC organised) TC trial last year, I can honestly say that I don't think I've ever been made more welcome or ridden a better organised event. If it were at all possible, I'd be there on the 26th. You ask "what's the point?". I'd reply "why not?"

Sorry Adsy, I think you're way off the mark here and if I'm misunderstanding you it's because you're doing a very good job of misrepresenting yourself.

Edited by neonsurge

i unfortunatley wont be riding this trial ,but the bdmc run the tc trial and it was a great laugh , too much beer but there you go , and as it seems by stu's answers it is to be run as a one off for areet good laugh , and to help people wind down after a busy year at work etc .... GOOD ON YA BDMC !!! :D:ph34r::o:o

Brad, after reading your reply about it's good to run an event like the TC trial, doesn't the same apply for the Boxing day trial.

If it can get Doug out on his bike and a chance for people to go up to howden wood and see him ride along with other WR contenders on sections to test them, is that a bad thing? providing the clubmans course is just that a clubmans course, then I don't see the harm of putting on an event for the spectator.

Guest gasgastxtpro

I have just read this whole topic in one go.

And when you sit back and see it all in one go then it seems like something has been made of nothing.

Trials to me is just a hobby, and it proably is just that to alot of other people too.

I am definatly on the side (this seems to be an argument) of the people who see this event for what it is; a bit of fun.

If anyone is devaluing the sport then it is the people who winge about having a bit of fun.

As for making it more unpopular that just seems to be a load of balls, if you think about it, an event which attracts riders of a world class will bring more spectators, not less. I know i would definatly turn up if i could. If it was just another boxing day trial (i dont meen that in a detrimental sense) i wouldnt turn up.

True many people wouldnt ride if it was too hard in their opinion, but a lot of people are open to a challenge and a bit of fun a one off.

I dont want to become part of a disagreement or anything because i dont see what the problem is with this event, i think it is a great idea.

Right then, thats my two penneth :o

:D YD Richard Longstaff GD :ph34r:

p.s its good to have a rant once in a while :o

Hopefully Bradford will have an FIM Steward, If not the Insurance could well be invalid for the event.

Why would we need a FIM steward, the permit was issued by the ACU

:D

Lighten up you moaners, some football teams play 5 a side, sometimes 11,

sometimes indoor, some outdoor :ph34r:

Cant be that bad nearly FULL !!!!!

Guest gasgastxtpro

How come the rider limit is 80 stuart?

Surely its going to be really popular, contrary to popular belief... i need a thesaurus!!! And probably a dictionary too :D

I care about the sport I am part of, & it p****s me off when poeple start messing about with it. :D

Adsy, I probably put more time and money into the sport than many, I too love and enjoy the "sport". It is ALSO a hobby.

And for 99% of the riders that it was it is, A SPORT, A HOBBY, call it what you will.

So I AM DEFINITELY NOT trying to run it down. or mess with it.