Bfd Boxing Day Trial Under Wtc Rules

adsy

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Point of order here: It'd help if people actually read the entire thread, especially those posts immediately preceeding their own before replying and wherever possible, quote the section of the post to which they are responding. There seem to be a number of fundamental misunderstandings going in here. For example, lastplace brad said (nothing personal, just the most obvious one):

i unfortunatley wont be riding this trial ,but the bdmc run the tc trial and it was a great laugh , too much beer but there you go , and as it seems by stu's answers it is to be run as a one off for areet good laugh , and to help people wind down after a busy year at work etc .... GOOD ON YA BDMC !!!

To which ishy replied:

Brad, after reading your reply about it's good to run an event like the TC trial, doesn't the same apply for the Boxing day trial.

If it can get Doug out on his bike and a chance for people to go up to howden wood and see him ride along with other WR contenders on sections to test them, is that a bad thing? providing the clubmans course is just that a clubmans course, then I don't see the harm of putting on an event for the spectator.

Isn't that exactly what lastplacebrad was saying? StuartC said:

Adsy, I probably put more time and money into the sport than many, I too love and enjoy the "sport". It is ALSO a hobby.

And for 99% of the riders that it was it is, A SPORT, A HOBBY, call it what you will.

OK, so StuartC deserves applause for sticking around and responding to the "accusations", but a couple of previous posters (myself included) also made this point and I believe that is was well taken by the people to whom the comments were directed.

Maybe I'm just a grumpy, pendantic old git* who spends far too long on Internet message boards (mostly non trials-related) and this thread is just the one in which I chose to rant, but simply reading the whole thread in context helps to avoid misunderstandings which can easily turn into unjustified grudges (I've seen it happen a million times) and keep things on-topic.

Sorry. Pet peeve of mine. Normal service is resumed.

* After consultation, I've discovered that I AM a grumpy, pendatic old git. Who'da thought it?

Hopefully Bradford will have an FIM Steward, If not the Insurance could well be invalid for the event.

Why would we need a FIM steward, the permit was issued by the ACU

:D

Lighten up you moaners, some football teams play 5 a side, sometimes 11,

sometimes indoor, some outdoor :ph34r:

Cant be that bad nearly FULL !!!!!

Because you are not running under ACU rules!

Why would we need a FIM steward, the permit was issued by the ACU

Because you are not running under ACU rules!

Unless I'm completely misunderstanding how all this works (which is more than likely), I'd contend that this trial IS being run under ACU rules. The ACU issued the permit in the full knowledge that FIM rules will be applied. This represents implicit acceptance of liability in the event of an insurance claim. In effect, the ACU has adopted FIM rules for a single event, nothing more. I don't understand why this is a problem for people?

Spent today - 19/12/04 - in the wood and have plotted the sections (in my head) . The clubman sections are going to be very steady with just a couple that will sort out a winner. No big rocks but plenty of moss.

The expert course slightly harder with a couple of sections where they will need to stop (will not be penalised if they keep their feet on the pegs) and steady themselves for the steep climb. One section will be technical, again I expect a few will have to stop to line themselves up. (No it is not a 3m rock face)

The big hill climb will be in, plus maybe another not quite as long but a little steeper.

It will be marked out as a spectator friendy course. 7 of the sections can be seen from the track which goes down into the wood.

Start time is 10:30am.

A collection will be made on behalf of Martin House - A hospice for children and young people. So dont forget you loose change.

Just a few places left so get you entry in.

:o:wall:;):o

Please let me put an end to all the speculation about insurance, type of course etc.

1, WE (the club) ARE FULLY INSURED via the ACU, the insurer's Alexander Forbes have OK'd it, after all we did ask the ACU, BEFORE even going to the planning stage.

2, The riders are FULLY INSURED for the same reasons.

3, We do NOT need a FIM Steward, CoC, or any other FIM officials.

(the trial is run under FIM rules, ie MARKING, NOT FIM REGULATIONS!)

4, The clubman's course will be just that, a nice steady ride that will cover most clubmans abilities. You are riding to ENJOY yourself.

5, The "Hard" course will be taxing, especially if you have had a good Christmas Day. Eve, Night! Remember a "Hard" course is HARD/DIFFICULT.

The whole trial will be given a time limit, 4hrs, sections will be laid out to allow the majority of riders to complete them in plenty of time.

I would like to thank the many previous posters to this topic for giving both the Bradford & District Motor Club and the Boxing Day Trial such publicity, it has certainly got people talking both on the board and locally !

Remember the trial is also a fund raising event for Martin House Hospice For Children.

www.martinhouse.org.uk

Their motto:

IF ONLY ALL WISHES CAME TRUE....

I wish.

Happy Christmas to all, and a better Boxing Day.

Come along, have a ride, few places left, if not riding come and have a look.

1st Club trial of 2005 is NEW YEARS DAY.

Stuart :santawink: :madsanta: