Differences Between The 2004 And 2005 Txt Pro?

stushine

looking at gasgas alot over the last couple of days, i notice on the 2004 and 2005 models the handle bars area is different (no brace) and its made me wonder what the reason for this is and what other diffrences there is between the years?

im wanting a gasgas, but is there much diffrence between 2004 and 2005? or even 2006? do they change every year?

sorry for the noob question. just dont wanna buy something and wish i spent that little bit more for slightly newer..

I'm no GasGas officianado but I think?the 04 and 05 had different clutch seals/fluids?..don't know what difference that made but I do know the 06 had it's pegs moved back in the frame and I liked that, it seemed to grip better?

Oh, and the 06 forks were made of aluminium so those 2 mods made the front end seem light.

Best to buy on condition not model year (err...usually :) )

Edited by HAM2

The big change was in 2002. when the Pro models were launched.

I've got an 06 and have noticed there are some changes;

The handlebars are 'Fat bars' they are more rigid and dont need a brace.

The fork stantions are Alluminium saving about 1kg

The clutch on earlier models used brake fluid and tended to leak from the slave cyl into the engine oil, so they they tried different seals but now they changed to use Mineral hydraulic oil.

The water pumps could also leak into the engine oil so they have been upgraded (made with better materials)

You could carry out these mods on an earlier year bike but the costs would eat what you originally saved, for example a complete water pump is