Very Spluttery & Not Very Smooth Idle Help Please :(

stushine

just had 20 mins out riding with the new spark plug in, and so far so good....

could a spark plug really cause the bike to do that? :)

How good is good? ;)

I am fascinated by this video as it's very similar to my bike's problem ( the stator is currently/ha! being tested ).

Any chance you can upload the new improved tick-over to you tube?

Cheers,

Wayne

just found out that the bike had been ran on castrol R40 or A747.... ive just been told by a local motorbike shop that changing from that to a modern 2 stroke would of prob been the cause of the spark plug playing up and the dodgy running... is this correct?

Edited by stushine

• 1 year later...

Gday, just to help some others that may be having similar issues - the plug picture you showed us was fuel fouled - clean that plug up and it will do as a spare. The bike was running too rich - this was confirmed by you saying that it was OK when cold and no good at running temperature. The cause? Well, we may probably never know but it is a possibility that poor fuel/oil mix was the issue.

Cheers,

Stork

I had the same problem with mine. Turned out to be a tiny piece of swarf on the O ring on the airscrew. If its not completly airtight you will get exactly your symptoms. Take the airscrew completly out and VERY carefully check the O ring and the seat on the carb. It only takes a tiny foreign object. If in any doubt replace the O ring.

I have also replaced the inline fuel filter on mine (2011 model) as the standard item appears to be not much cop. Check out any Kart store on Ebay for a replacement.