• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I like my gas gas so I think its an optical illusion

B):wacko::wacko:

Foooking Impressive! Think I'll go back to Renthal bars now, just to see what happens! :huh:

That frame tubing is much too thin for me!

Edited by copemech

What would gg uk say about this then an 08 bike

post-3013-1254852369.jpg

I think GasGas have been aware of this fault for some time now and have trained their staff accordingly***

*** Edited by HAM2

If you think about what these bikes are used for, Im surprised things like this dont happen more often. we also dont know what surcumstances these bikes are in to get this mangled. ive seen a GasGas fall off the edge of a quarry, fall about 50ft (maybe more) and come away with nothing but a broken lever and a snapped rear mudguard (which as usual, fastens back on in minutes). unfortunately, people never take pictures of their bike and show off about how un-broken it is!

All the best

Tom

Edited by tombo46

spoke to craig robinson, he had one crack in the same place and said it can be welded no problem. going to take it to him next week and hopefully pick it up saturday when I go to the GG test day =]

Thanks people.

Tom

Tom

So did you speak to Shirty about this yet? Intrigued to see what response was.

This should be replaced FOC along with an apology no problems as this is a major fault in the construction of that specific frame - warranty or not. There is no way on earth I would want it being welded (nothing to do with strength, integrity etc) I just would expect a new frame.

If you did and he disagree's (as he may well have done) speak to GG direct in Spain.

Cheers

I would have thought that shirty would have called you by now to avoid all this bad publicity. It seems logical that one looks after one's paying customers before spending money on advertisingwhether it be directly or by sponsoring good riders.

Tom

So did you speak to Shirty about this yet? Intrigued to see what response was.

This should be replaced FOC along with an apology no problems as this is a major fault in the construction of that specific frame - warranty or not. There is no way on earth I would want it being welded (nothing to do with strength, integrity etc) I just would expect a new frame.

If you did and he disagree's (as he may well have done) speak to GG direct in Spain.

Cheers

God man, give us a break! Even Tombo is a realist! You know it when you purchased the lightest comp machine made! It comes with a stated warranty against defects! You get what you get! Add, it is what it is! It's not like he does not use the thing. So it needs a minor(acceptable) weld repair.

I would dearly love to see someone like you bitch enough till everyone got tired of hearing your lip, then just hand you a bare unpainted frame and tell you to hit the road, have a nice day! I am sure you would still complain as you would probably not know what to do with it! You would probably expect your gas money for the trip along with the letter of apology! I would write to the president of Spain if I were you! Here's your sign! B)

Edited by copemech