Cota 247 And Mikuni

persil36

What's interesting is that odd number size Amals (ie; 27mm) aren't available from Surrey Cycles as a remanufactured item.

On the Amal site however, they list odd sizes and 27mm is the original size for Montesa/Ossa/Bultaco. I'm now wondering if they are remanufactured carbs or old stock. If they are old stock, I'd probably buy one at that price based on the fact that the bikes I had back then ran fine on those carbs.

well after seeing that a new amal was not as expensive as i had thought i think i might give that a go, never had a problem with them on bikes i had new in the past.

at least then it will give me some idea if the bikes running as it should and with a new carb i can rule that area out.

if i were to use a oko it might not be jetted to suit and throw up another variable.

will let you know how i get on

change of plan for the moment, finaly got the 330 back together this afternoon, tried 3 differant amal carbs on the bike and all combination of parts from each ,trying to find the least worn.

ran like a dog with all 3.

when looking for the carbs i found a new mikuni vm 26mm that i had bought off ebay a while back ,has similar jetting to the one on the 247 at the start of the thread only pilot, slide ,and main jet slightly differant.

tried the bike briefly this evening and does not run too bad , a bit of tweaking and it might be ok.

will give it a good try out tomorrow when the next door are at work ,so not to disturb them

I have just fitted a Mikuni VM clone (24mm) on my TY/Majesty 185 and have to say it is an improvement over the standard 22mm mikuni (I don't like the way that the standard TY175 carb has got the main jet in the float chamber), got the carb off flea bay, just upped the pilot jet size and tried it just as it came, surprised it goes as well as it does straight out of the box, gonna play about with main jets and needle to get the best out of it, just had to say it is very good value at