Keihin Needles

tony27

Nice little technical question for Cope that may help a few people sort their jetting, me included

How does the code for the taper of the needle work

My carb came fitted with a JJH neeedle fitted & a spare JJF for fine tuning

I have a printout here that talks about a few different setups with the needles being LJJ, LJH, JJH, JJJ & JFH, not sure where it came from

My thoughts are that an brief explaination of where in the opening each has the most effect & which way the numbering system works could help with setting up these carbs & their cousins

Edited by tony27

Try this to explain the dimensional differences , all in the diameter , length and taper.

Needle chart

I would stick with the jjh, but you canevan become a test pilot if you like! Combinations are baffling! :huh:

AND fo rthose that think I am mad insisting upon dual vents, try looking at THIS

:lol:

Edited by copemech

Hmmm.....

Looks a mess...but who knows....might be worth it on a Keihin....Although god knows how much fuel would pour out of those horizontal vents the way they are set up at the moment.

I think one would have a hard time doing this, like this, to an OKO :lol:

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Thanks guys

From what I can work out there the JJF needle is .03mm smaller meaning it should be richer, not sure why it turned up in #4 position from the top & the JJH was #3

Will have a play before the trial today & see what the effect of the 2 needles are.

May end up swapping back to the dellorto for the day if I can't get things better, can stop the motor if I give it a handful from idle. Lean maybe? No pinging though