Irc Tyres

the addict

Any good in the wet? I've heard they are, do they go off quick? about to get a spare rear wheel for Gerty so need a new tyre, tried the X-Lite, very good tyre but goes down over night and wears very quickly.

Edited by The Addict

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exellent on mud, roots..lots of feel last for ages very flexible side wall so could be a bit prone to side wall punctures on rocky going. try one. ps I've never had a pressure guage I always sit on the bike at the venue and eye it up. pps...why is the site do quiet? keep up the thoughts.

hey

i always ride irc on my honda tlr, for older riding style they are the best i've tried so far.

they work verry good in cold wet end muddy conditions. They are not verry good in hot conditions on rocks (to supple and not verry stable) on my modern bike i use them in winter and X11 in summer.

regards bob

Thanks Bob, looks like the IRC is the tyre I need for the next few months then, if they make any difference to my appauling wet condition riding it will truely be the best tyre of the lot for mud, yes I like the X11 in the dry and rocks although the X-Lite was as good if not slightly better.

hi mate definatly worth a try! 4rt rider at the weekend had one on and he was getting up everything !!! tom used one at colmore had resonable result in the mud. i had one an thought it was ok but for some reason leaked slightly on tyre bead when riding but didnt leak during the week parked up in shed, robs using one at the moment and his is doing the same. have also found they are ok on rocks but useless in hot weather sidewalls to flexi feels like riding with a punture. the best new tyre ive had for grip was a dunlop with 2-3 psi pressure in it, again not as good as mich on the rocks and didnt wear as well

Mint in wed muddy conditions. I run irc in winter and dunlop in summer as harder knobbles thus lasting longer.

You need to decide longevity = less performance or more performance = less longevity

In other words stop been a tight a*** and spend ya money on quality.lol. Only joking fella

Good luck in your quest for more grip

Rather chuck money at tyres for grip in the winter as I,m hopeless in the wet so ordering today :thumbup: The Dishes? hmmm 4rt rider at weekend? getting up everything? do you know what pressures he was using? wished I had come and watched the display now mate and learned somethiing. Haha Rob, he could get grip in the wet with anything on the back and any tyre pressure, how does he do it? I see you said last time you bought a new tyre was a Dunlop? wasn't that for the 1973 Harold Avery Trial? riding the Ossa? :thumbup:

Thanks for the tips lads :wall:

Edited by The Addict