Irc Tyres

the addict

I ran the Mitas on a 250 tlr thought it was hard but griped Real well in all conditions but as said dont think it would be the job for a new bike

But in saying that i am running a pair of Michelins on both Tlr and B40

Marty D

• 3 weeks later...

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Third Trial on Sunday with the IRC rear. Very slippy sections due to a torrential downpour just before the start (my worst nightmare) I have to admit I cant ever remember a time on the Mont when I would'nt have been well worried about getting grip at a trial like this. Tyre was brilliant all day in many types of conditions, did'nt even think about a grip problem at all, but Iam now getting front grip problems for some reason? maybe its just because the rear is so good the front feels bad. Not had a go on the rocks yet but hopefully if Saturdays work goes well I might have a chance at a try at ESTC.

Edited by The Addict

• 1 month later...

Update on the IRC rear?

****e in snow :thumbup:

More likely to be the 4RT as I've found them very good in snow and ice. If I still had my 4RT I don't think I'd bother taking it out in the snow...

I did a trials school at Earl Shilton on Saturday in the snow and found out something quite interesting. There was an 09 Evo 250, an '10 Gasser 250 and an 09 Sherco 290. The Evo had a brand new IRC on, The Gasser a brand new michelin x11 and the Sherco had a newish michelin x11. The Evo by a long long way would barely spin on the section I layed out. The Sherco was also very good but the Gasser was awful. It was nothing to do with how the bikes were set up either cos they all felt pretty neutral but The Evo/IRC combo was very very good!