Cabestany To Sherco?

mozchops

Michael's a local lad and still "competes" in most SDMC trials so I get to watch him ride reguarly, (to be honest, it's usually a bit of a whitewash unless Ian Austermuhle shows up but there are a few other guys who keep him honest - Guy Kendrew and a couple of others). There's no doubt that he's an amazing rider and will very soon be worrying the British championship class, but I guess experience counts for almost as much as raw ability at world level and Beta has other talented and more experienced riders. Michael will make it I'm sure, but give him a couple of years!

What being a local lad and keeping honest has to do with WTC aspirations I'm not sure, and as for the British Champs he hasn't even done all the rounds this year!. As john lampkin said about Dabil he needs to up his game if he is to do anything at a higher level. Michael is 18 ish?How old were raga bou Taddy et al when they hit the big stage? He should be doing the Junior wtc and Europeans then next year (if not already) rather than playing at low north park surely?

Don't take this as a critisism of just Michael Brown its not intended as such, it is how the young stars of the ACU academy seem brought on, I really do believe if the UK is to produce any future World champions there needs to be a shakeup of the elite squad and some seroiuos time and money put in similar to what is done by the federations of Spain and Italy. I say double the licence fee for starters. :D

What being a local lad and keeping honest has to do with WTC aspirations I'm not sure, and as for the British Champs he hasn't even done all the rounds this year!

They've got absolutely nothing to do with WTC aspirations, Nigel. Just a figure of speech ("local" to illustrate the fact that I see Michael, Guy and the boys ride reguarly and "keep him honest" in that he doesn't always win by 20 marks or more). I'll try to be more literal in the future :ph34r:

Although I've only read about the youth development schemes that they run in Spain and Italy, they seem to streets ahead of (sorry: "far better funded and supportive than" :D) the ACU academy and maybe a doubling of the license fee wouldn't be unreasonable if it'll help get more of our younger riders into the upper echelons of the sport.

Having said that, I'll admit that I know very little about how the ACU academy is funded or run so I'll leave it to those people with more knowledge and experience than myself to debate that point.

Edited by neonsurge

Evening All

Just to confirm that GRAHAM (JARVIS) WILL be contesting in ALL the World Championships, British Championships, SSDT and the Scott Trial and some Nationals, not sure where you guys got this one from but it's a new one to Graham unless you know something he doesn't. Rumours aren't they great!!! He has twin babies to feed now remember I don't think he'll be hanging up his one piece for quite some time!!!

Cabestany will be on Sherco and will make his debut at Sheffield.

Manzano has now retired from Trials completely.

Hope this clears the air a little bit!!!

Cheers

Carly