Does The 5.5" Renthal Bar Help Tall Riders?

htm845gasgas

No im 6'4 my self and i use bar risers. used to have some home made 1s but now i use R.E.P. ones that are meant to fit the R.E.P headstock for gassers. they fit in rentahl fat clamps with longer bolts. i find it hard 2 ride a bike without them now. Hurt like hell at the gas gas test day. Easy fix for about 20quid

come in 10mm and 20mm i think

Funnily I was wondering the same thing recently, I run trials bars on my DRZ400 for Long Distance Trials.

I have 5" Renthals at the moment which are bent (the DRZ is a heavy old thing when you drop it) and I was considering whether to fit 6" bars or bar risers, I am concerned that the angle of the grips would be different if I fitted the higher ones. Or is the angle the same just higher? Has anyone tried both?

You comments appreciated.

Pete

100_5531.jpg

Edited by Pete_Scorpa3

i am 6 foot 4 and wondering if it would help over standard gg bar.

anyone else had any benefit from a higher bar

At 6 4, I would imagine taller bars will help a lot. I've been using a set of Hebo bars (HR30009285) for about 3+ years now and it really helps the back. Here's a comparison to the slightly taller black GG bars (some are really low):

post-2532-1257963944.jpg

post-2532-1257963975.jpg

Gday, I agree higher bars are the answer. I run 6" Renthals on my Beta with an extra 30mm of spacers under to lift them up even more. The big guys don't use them because they are all 5'6 I guess:-) I'm 6'1 and find most bikes are "short" for me.

Cheers,

Stork

Some will say, hey Dougie don't use no risers. Well I ain't Dougie.

P1140012.jpg

5.5 jitsie fatbars 20mm risers and the red i forget who makes em taller than normal with forward and back adjusment bar clamps.

P1140014.jpg

Way nicer for me. And I'm only 6'1"

In action, hehe

P1070082-1.jpg

Edited by uhoh7