Newbie With Stiff Boots

trev1340

Hi chaps just dipping my toe in v slowly have bike beta rev 3 crash hat just bought a pair of second hand boots but the leather is very stiff and feels rock hard to the touch as the day went on became very uncomfortable i know the are supposed to be supportive but i would at least like to walk in them for a few hours any ideas how i could make them a bit supple cheers

Boots can get like that if old and dried quickly after a good soaking at a trial, I did a trial earlier in the year and it took me nigh on 30 mins to get the left boot on :chairfall: nearly gave up at one stage. I'd try getting them wet and letting them dry slowly, you can buy dubbing which should help

Yeh get some dubbing from a walking shop or a saddlers. Try and find an oily one, although any is better than none. Then apply loads, do it over a few days each time working in the dubbing till it softens up again. Never force dry boots and look after the leather regularly.

Neatsfoot oil buy from horsey tack shops brush it on let it soak in and repeat as neccesary good luck

That's what I've used for many years and it's easy to come by. I have an very old pair of

Hi-Point Trials boots and the leather is still not cracked and very soft to this day.

The sporting goods stores also sell an oil for softening up baseball gloves and I've

had good results with that also.

Jon