Beta 2004 250

duckwizard

I am using PJ1 Silverfire 2T oil. What mixture are you all using ?.

At the moment mine is a 75:1 , but plug is still black and engine doesnt rev clean.

Also what plugs are you using ?.

Am running the carb 1.5 turns out on air mix as manual.

some help required please

Hiya...

I run mine with a Repsol oil (maybe you cant get it there?) at 80:1 and I use NGKBP7ES..that is (so the book says) the equivelant of the Champion plug. I have tried the Champion plug (refer to manual..'cause I cant remember the number) once, and it ran MUCH better on it, but I cant buy them here in HK. My plug is often a bit black too, but its much better if I do a few long blasts on the bike rather than lots of wobbling around in the yard. Hope some of that helps :D

PJ1 Silverfire 75ml in every 5 litres of Super unleaded.

I've used NGK BP5ES and BP7ES plugs without any noticeable difference.

I'm pretty sure my carb is set at 1.25 turns out although I prefer to set it by response rather than the number of turns.

You'll know when the mixture is right - crack the throttle open from zero to fully open and the engine should pick up straight away without any hesitation/blubbing. Do you do a lot of chugging around? If yes, wind the knackers off it up a big hill every now and again to clear all the goop :D

Wiz - what pilot jet and main jet are you running? The pilot circuit seems to have a fairly dramatic affect on these machines.

I've experimented with pilot jetting on my 250 and I vary from a 27.5 to a 32.5 sometimes using a #30 (running 27.5 right now) and I run a 145 main jet.

I use either an NGK BP5ES down to a BP7ES (current plug) or a Champion N7YC (manual calls for this plug but with the 'copper core' designation of N7YCC).

I'm running TORCO racing oil with a 50 / 50 mix of 108 octane race gas and 93 octane pumg gas. The oil is mixed at 80:1.

Clark, What problems were you having when you began experimenting with the pilot jets? My '01 250 that I got from someone you knew out in Texas seems to load up a bit when ideling around too much. A good long pull and its good to go. It never fouls out the plug so I don't think it's off much but if the pilot was a little rich wouldn't it do this? I am searching for those nice clean revs right off the bottom all the time. I think the main is perfect because you can make a nice long run the shut it off and the plug is a nice reddish color.