What Grease Should I Use On The Rear Linkage Bearings?

mataos

I can't advise you on which grease offers the better lubrication, but you do need a good waterproof grease. If water gets in, and the bearings start to rust they're shagged in no time, whereas if you grease them regularly they can have a long life.

HRC molybendium Disulfide paste in a small grease gun tube is available at honda dealers , 50,000psi dispersal properties and about as slippery as you can get ... But you still have to lube it after a wet ride and wash ... WATER is the universal solvent ... With proper care and feeding your linkage bits should last a long time , maybe as long as the bike ....

Edited by axulsuv

What grease should I use on the rear linkage bearings? 2004 txt pro

will waterproof marine grease be ok, or lithium waterproof?

Thanks,

Mat

I use a good waterproof motorcycle grease like BelRay and mix about 20-25% copper anti-seize to it.

A lot of the dogbone bearings have seals that can be replaced so make sure your seals are in

good shape as the bearings are exposed to the elements.

Jon

Warning don't ask Jon why he does something,LOL. Ok Jon we want to know why add the anti-seize is it that grease by itself is not sticky and nasty enough?

Hmmmm, this person has obviously asked me more than one simple "yes"/"no" question and got a doctoral dissertation involving the Physics/Mathematical components

relating to the ranked-in-probability answers in return.....:rolleyes:

Several decades ago, I researched/tested lubes for Pro-level MX/SX suspensions as I wanted a compound that retained it's lubricating qualities under severe

pressures and very thin coating levels. The 25% anti-seize/BelRay grease mix worked the best, keeping the suspension supple, prevented galling and kept

the needles free even when the grease was essentially missing from the contact areas. You could call it extra insurance.

Jon