X Lite Tyre Vs X11

theshercorider

Right ho,

I did a quick search but found nothing. The things is I am going to be buying a new set of tyres tomorrow and didn't know whether or not to go for the x lite over the x11.

What are your views on these x lite tyres? I heard some say they are like IRC tyres but I really don't like them.

Quick answers please.

Cheers

Good tyre, goes down over night though, not sure if its any better than the X11 and no-where near as good as the IRC. Tyre distorts a hell of alot on rocks and even on cambers, I wont be buying another, I prefer the IRC down here in the mud

Edited by The Addict

the few guys who have had them (best as we know - and i've spoken to michelin - only the rears are out, no fronts) is that yes they are lighter and do grip, but there was some concern about how quick one would wear out. not herd any feedback yet about use in mud at the time of year (IRC's are just so popular down here). would like to hear more as they aren't that much dearer (and ym old man has been selling a few)

They wear quickly, did'nt get a chance to try it in the mud as I had it earlier in the year. You can almost put them on with your hands, very soft bead, have heard they pucture easy on rocks or split. Was a good tyre but not so good as to replace the X11 for the extra money.

Edited by The Addict

the few guys who have had them (best as we know - and i've spoken to michelin - only the rears are out, no fronts) is that yes they are lighter and do grip, but there was some concern about how quick one would wear out. not herd any feedback yet about use in mud at the time of year (IRC's are just so popular down here). would like to hear more as they aren't that much dearer (and ym old man has been selling a few)

Pretty sure there were some fronts at M sport.

X-lite 100%, we had one on my dad's old beta Rev 4 which has been on for about 9/10 months & is still going very good, grips superbly especially on hillclimbs , in my opinion a lot better than the x11's, give one a go see what you think.

Edited by GasGasben