Yamaha Ty 125 Rayer Kit

squid

Hello

I'd like to upgrade my standard 1976 Ty 125.

The original Rayer upgrade kit is very hard to come by but he still produces a kit for a DTMX. Has anybody out there bought and used this one?

P.S took the diddy girl out at the weekend for a mooch in the woods and she's behaving well, I love it but would love a bit more grunt.

Thanks

Squid.

The DTMX uses different crankcases. The centres of the studs are different where it bolts to the cylinder. Be careful before you buy.

Why not buy a TY175 cylinder on ebay uk, much cheaper than in France!!!

Also look on the Mijossi.com site there is an article to improve power from a TY 125.

Hello Mattylad.

Thanks for that,makes sense. I do keep me eyes peeled for TY 175 cylinder heads but I hav'nt seen anything for a while besides one that had some serious marks in the barrel. I looked on Chris Rayers IP moteurs site and got a bit confused with the goodies he has on there.

Cheers and have a wild Christmas.

Squid

Squid, the DT175 A,B,C and D models have a 175cc barrel and head that is interchangable with the TY175 and has the same port timing. The compression is probably higher with the DT head but that is easy to deal with. It would look different because the finning is different on the barrel and the sparkplug holes are at an angle. None of that would stop me using a DT175 barrel and head if I had a TY125 that I wanted to make into a 175cc and there are thousands of those model DT175 motors in bike wreckers, on farms and in kids buggies throughout OZ. There have even been postings on this website from people trying to work out why their TY125/175 motor looks different, because it has a DT175 barrel and/or head.

I know the port timing is the same because I have both a TY175 barrel and DT175C barrel sitting in my shed and measured them up for someone else.

PS I just read that you live in France but I suspect that DT175ABCD motors would be common there too. I can do a photo of one if you want for reference purposes.

David

Edited by feetupfun

Hi

If your in France give Stuart Brown a call on 06 87 38 35 30 he has an Aladdins cave of twinshock trials bikes in various states of disrepair.... he may have what your after..

At worse if he hasn t, he might know a man that has....

Hope it helps.