Pilot Jet Size For 2002 250 Txt?

marky g

Bit of a long shot I know but does anyone one know the correct size of pilot jet for my 02 TXT edition?.

Running very lean at the lower end and struggling to tick over when the mixture screw is a a normal 1.5 turns out, fuel oil mix is 66-1, cleaned the carb out with high power airline, the pilot jet was not blocked.

The current pilot jet is 30 and the carb is a delorto.........any help would be great.

Cheers for that Motomerlin,

For it to run something like I'm finding it's nearly 5 turns out!...the screw isn't far away from dropping out at that point, the bikes mint and it looks like it's hardly done nothing from new so I guess that 30 jet is the one in from new.

I've ordered a 35 jet off my local dealer just now, I'm suprised on how little info there is on what must be one of the most popular makes of trials bikes (manuals etc).

My old TY had a great manual you could go and buy, same with my old Sherco....I downloaded a PDF manual for that one.

Cheers once again MM.

The correct size pilot jet can be either 33, 34 or 35, depends how it runs cos they are all different. The mixture screw should be between 3.5 and 4.5 turns out. What I do is get the mixture screw to 3.5 turns out then increase by 1/4 of a turn untill it runs sweet. Remember to make sure the tickover isnt too high when you are doing this cos it will mess up the carburation. The tickover wants to be so that its running but not wanting to stall. I run a dellorto carb and have a 34 pilot in with the mixture 3.5 turns out approx, sometimes I tweak it to 3.75 turns depending on the weather

33 or 34 is more usual.

But before changing try pilot screw 2.5 - 3 turns out.

Really, you need to set screw to where engine runs happiest (!)... and if thats many turns out try a bgger pilot.

Nt gasser specific, yet still Dellorto specific, yet I even go further to get the thing in a better range of controllability at two turns or so, which means going to a 36 or even 38 depending upon the reeds you are running and so on. Seems with the oxiginated fuels(alcohol) this may be more important. But if they get a bit blubbry on the transition(less than 1/8 throttle) you may need go back a notch.Otherwise seem to make the smoothest full power with the proper jet and the best transitoin to the needle possible. And if you are too lean, and maxed out on the pilot circuit screw, wil find yourself at a loss of power. 30-32 is just too lean! :rolleyes: