Ssdt Fever

dabmeister

The scottish for me works out at quite a lot!!! Ferries from Ireland, spares, 3 rear tyres, 1 front, wet weather gear (a must!!!), plus I do the Pre-65.....so I have 10 nights accomodation!! Then the usual, food & (lots of) drink..... :wall: All in all though, won't be missing it for a long time hopefully!!! A proper holiday, none of this sitting on a beach sh*t!!!

Entry for the 6-days is

Why do most riders in the ssdt insist on new tyres? In my experience as long as there not too knackered at the start they will easy last the week! The only difference in grip level between a used and new tyre up say pipeline is in your head.

The way I see it Rowly is I may as well have a good tyre for each day, I make sure to budget for it & then the tyres do me for the rest of the season (except maybe for the Scott and Inter centre). 120 miles can take its toll on a tyre, and I personally prefer to have a fresh one for the next 100 miles.....Peace of mind I suppose.

Talk to Ishy, lazy bugger didn't even turn the tyre round, never mind fit a new 'un.

In fact, I remember he took the lid off the airbox on either the Wednesday or Thursday - peeped at the filter and said "Aye, that'll be reet enuff till Sat'dy"

:wall:

I'm with stuhrc's way of thinking though - 3 tyres over 6 days, if you have a spare wheel then it's easy to have a new tyre edge each day. After Scotland, you will be left with 3 part worn tyres that still have plenty of life left in them for trials and practising...

You're right STU..Much better than sitting on a beach..personally thats my ultimate nightmare holiday. Obviously it would cost me a fortune to do it from Hong Kong...but HOPEFULLY one day. Just worried that I'll never be good enough. Looks pretty hard on the vids I've watched. Is there enough accomodation in those places..or do some people have to sleep in caravans or something?...might TRY to persuade some people from HK to enter it with me....they did about 20 years ago I THINK. Would have to be 2006 now I guess....(more time for me to practise) :wall: