Front Mudguard Risers?

sawtooth

Having a bit trouble with the front wheel locking up due to leaves and mud collecting under the front mudguard, anyone know of any risers available to increase the clearence a little? The bike is a 2003 so the mudguard setup is as below...

img0040po.th.jpg

click to enlarge image

There was someone selling a kit comprising 4 spacers and 4 longer bolts.

The easiest way to do it make some spacers or stack washers till they are about 8 to10mm thick and some longer bolts, should cost less than a Quid!

Hi Sawtooth, i had a 2002 Beta Rev3 which came with add-in brackets that fitted between the lugs on the forks and the mudguards brace mounting brackets.

Pesonally, i would have a chat with Lampkins on (01535) 655970, and also i am sure early Montesa 315's 1997-99 had the same Paioli forks, give Sandifords a shout on (01282) 428383.

Regards

GaffaMont.

Hi mcharchuk, the problem that Sawtooth has is that the bracket bolts do-up towards the wheel rim, rather than downwards towards the spindle, as all Rev3's from 2004 onwards.

But there is a kit available that lifts the front mudguard via a couple of extra brackets, as is also suggested by Mudhugger.

GaffaMont.

Hi mcharchuk, the problem that Sawtooth has is that the bracket bolts do-up towards the wheel rim, rather than downwards towards the spindle, as all Rev3's from 2004 onwards.

But there is a kit available that lifts the front mudguard via a couple of extra brackets, as is also suggested by Mudhugger.

GaffaMont.

Ahh... Got it, I didn't bother to look at the picture just thought they were all the same, sorry about that.

Beta part number 20-02522 Kit Fender Spacer.

These are supplied with the bikes when delivered from the factory. Like the headlights these disappear as the bikes change hands. Give Lampkins or BVM a call unless someone has a spare set to give you. I do but postage may be a killer.

Full parts diagram here.

Beta part number 20-02522 Kit Fender Spacer.

These are supplied with the bikes when delivered from the factory. Like the headlights these disappear as the bikes change hands. Give Lampkins or BVM a call unless someone has a spare set to give you. I do but postage may be a killer.

Full parts diagram here.

Thats great! I didnt know they were standard parts, will get down BVM today B)