2002 Beta Rev 3 Premix Ratio

dannybooth

Hi guys,

I'm new to the trials end of motorbiking and have just bought a 2002 Beta Rev 3 250cc and was wondering at what ratio do I mix the petrol and 2T oil working from 5litres of petrol?

Also while idling it sounds as loud as an old CR125 I had is this normal for Beta's or do I need to look at repacking the silencer?

Any help would be appreciated. Many thanks!!

Danny

Hi there

Put 70mls of oil in for 5litres of petrol. This may sound a bit lean if your use to motocrossers but you don't tend to rev trial bikes like motocrossers. It certainly shouldn't sound as loud as a CR. Certainly worth looking at the packing. Phone lampkins as they sell pre-formed packing which you just pop in. Hope this helps. gareth

Nice one thanks for that! I've always used semi-synt 2T in the past is this okay for trials bikes 'cos i've heard they can be a bit tempremental? Or would it be okay to compensate the mix for example putting 60:1 or 50:1 or is it just best to use fully synthetic 2T?

Regarding the noise, I found that my centre silencer was proper gummed up, so re-packing just the tail pipe didn't make it quiet enough. Unfortunately the centre part needs cutting and welding, so it's not straight forward to do - you'll need access to an aluminium welder...