Rear Brake Master Cylinder

manx2day

I discovered the other day that the top mounting bracket on my rear brake master cylinder has broken clean off, which was annoying! :) Luckily there are many trials coming up anytime soon so it's not a huge problem!

Do you think it can be welded back on or is it not worth the hassle of it potentially breaking again and again, in which case a brand spanker would be better. Personally, I think a new one would be better in the long run but, if it can be welded and guarenteed that it won't break again i might go for that. Anyone know how much a new one is?

Cheers

Edited by manx2day

I discovered the other day that the top mounting bracket on my rear brake master cylinder has broken clean off, which was annoying! :) Luckily there are many trials coming up anytime soon so it's not a huge problem!

Do you think it can be welded back on or is it not worth the hassle of it potentially breaking again and again, in which case a brand spanker would be better. Personally, I think a new one would be better in the long run but, if it can be welded and guarenteed that it won't break again i might go for that. Anyone know how much a new one is?

Cheers

Did it break because you hit it, or are the mountings not in line putting stress on the bracket ?

If the latter, you will need to align the mountings or pack as required to stop this happening again.