New Ssdt Site Is On

staggiedog

That's much better. Not much info on there yet, but its early days. No chat or forums I see, will this change through time.

Ceratinly better to navigate than the old site version which I didn't use much as it wasn't user friendly enough.

Yeah roll on May, but not too quick as I'm still saving for it!

Big John

(216)

That's much better. Not much info on there yet, but its early days. No chat or forums I see, will this change through time.

There will be much more info on it as time goes by - we've just started it off with the few articles that are relevant to this year's event, and it will be built upon over the coming weeks and months. However, there won't be live chat or forums for the forseeable future. Live chat is a bit of a waste of space, as it was never really used on the old site so we didn't see the need for it on the new one. Forums are a good idea, but they take a lot of monitoring and maintenance to prevent spammers taking advantage of them, and for a site where the forums are really only used for two or three weeks in the year, it just isn't work the costs and effort involved in maintaining them. The plan is that we'll be able to use Facebook and Twitter for conversational discussions throughout the trial week, and the usual 'forum updates' that I run each day will be online as normal.

That may change by the time May comes round, but that's certainly the idea at the moment. :huh:

I noticed the new SSDT site is created using Joomla........gotta love Joomla, my favourite free CMS.

There's a plethora of modules, plugins & components available to really build up a great site.

Good luck!......and see you in May.

Ian.

Hi Guy's .

Hi HL.

Is there a chance that the 2010 Pre 65. entry list will published on the site , as it has been in the past few years?

Regards Charlie.

They don't tend to publish their entry list this far in advance of the trial because it's the main selling point for their programme. I'm sure they'll send it across to us once the programme is on the shelves though, and as soon as they do I'll get it up on the site.

Cheers! M.

I noticed the new SSDT site is created using Joomla........gotta love Joomla, my favourite free CMS.

There's a plethora of modules, plugins & components available to really build up a great site.

Good luck!......and see you in May.

Ian.

Joomla is fab - dead simple to use too, even I understand it! Mostly....we're still working on getting our heads round all the plugins and components, so don't expect anything too fancy too quickly! :huh:

Edit : That makes it look like I built the SSDT site...I didn't, Fergus gets all the credit for that one! I just did some research to get my head round it all - I left the real work to him. :huh:

Edited by Highland Lassie

Just checked and the new web-site is on 2010 entry list up to.

Roll on May.

Very nice update for the site! It's in my favorites list and I look forward to it's expansion. Someday I hope to see the SSDT in person.

I happen to have a little shop time to watch the last three SSDT's on the video. Great riding, but one area that I must mention is the observers.

What a stalwart bunch of volunteers they are! I get the impression from the videos they are well appreciated, as they should be.

Jon

Hi Guy's.

Thanks HL for sorting the list for us.

Just skipped through the entry list, 20 Ariels, 32 Cubs, 16 Triumph twins,22 James-FB's, 32 BSA's from 175-350, 5 AJS-Matchless, 2 Velocetts, 7 Royal Enfield's 6 D.O.T.'s and a few others. Glad to see the Manx two day winner ++, as got an entry,Good luck John, the dark horse could be Steve Saunders? But I'm once again going for Chris Gascoigne , But with the amount of Cubs It is likely to be one of them?

Regards Charlie.