Banjo Filter Blues

caddabs

on cleaning out the banjo filter, it was full of what looked like paper mache, but disappeared between the fingers when rubbed. there was enough of it to stop fuel getting in. looked a bit like white grease. any ideas what it could be? (or more importantly whether it might come back).

Cheers Caddabs

Thanks - i'm running it on V-Max 99 Ron unleaded. I wondered if it might be some sort of oil seperation/condensation. unfortunately the bike lives in a wooden shed and does get cold with some condensation. The petrol was a bit old, but now buying in smaller quanities. Hopefully sorted now and will watch out for it in the future - thanks all.

Caddabs

• 2 weeks later...
Thanks - i'm running it on V-Max 99 Ron unleaded. I wondered if it might be some sort of oil seperation/condensation. unfortunately the bike lives in a wooden shed and does get cold with some condensation. The petrol was a bit old, but now buying in smaller quanities. Hopefully sorted now and will watch out for it in the future - thanks all.

Caddabs

IF THE FUEL HAS BEEN SITTING STAGNANT FOR A LONG WHILE AND GETTING HEATED THEN COOLING IT WILL BE BACTERIA, BOATS THAT STAND IDLE FOR A LONG WHILE USE A FUEL POLISHER!!(I KID YOU NOT) WHICH CIRCULATES THE FUEL AT A VERY LOW FLOW. DOUBT YOU WANT TO GO TO THESE EXTREMES!!! A WEALTH OF USELESS INFO NO DOUBT!!