Fantic 200

rtm

Guys, I have a Fantic FM250 (125cc) which has been converted to a 156cc by using a liner. Its got a new Piston and ring fitted / new big end new mains and crank seals.

I honed the cylinder a little but didn

• 2 years later...

• 4 weeks later...

Fired it up yesterday, It ran ok ish but wouldnt tick over.

Today I drained the 2.5 year old fuel and cleaned the carb and fitted a new carb slide I picked up a while ago. ran much better but kicked back a bit on start up. So decided to retard the ignition a bit. Now it wont run at all. Fires occasionally but thats all.

I think I'll buy a new generator coil and a new pick up coil and see if that helps.

Entered a trial next weekend so gotta get this sorted this week. otherwise I'll be trials riding on my CRF450 and thats not been used in at least 6 years. probably need fresh fuel too.

£80 for a new stator coil, soon changed my mind. Cant be that hard to wind my own, I can count. Ordered a resistorless spark plug cap and a basic spark plug (will close the gap up as much as I dare) and see how that goes first.

Suprisingly, the bike ran quite well and didnt really let me down all day. It would bog and die on me if I left the throttle alone however, yet if I kept blipping it, it would run pretty much faultlessly. So I guess it could be running rich?

Oh, the shocks dumped their oil, can I get replacment seals for the original shock? or am i looking to make my own?