Slime In Tyres

hoggyf

I've got a slow puncture on the rear tyre of the Gasser i've just bought, due to catching it on a rock.

The tyres in good nick so the previous owner got it repaired and it lasts about 4 days before going down. I wondered about putting slime in it as a further repair - anybody used it? any downsides to it?

100 ml of OKO tyre sealant went in mine when it had a slow puncture. Put the bike on the stand and spun the wheel on full throttle in 5th, to spread it evenly around the tyre. Didn't go down for months.

Now, just to prevent a miserable ending to a trial, I put it in even when I dont have a puncture. Brilliant stuff, doesn't affect the feel of the bike atall.

Wipes off the rim when you're done too :rolleyes:

Even the armed forces use the stuff.

http://www.tyre-rite.co.uk/searchresult.aspx?CategoryID=33

Easy to put in the tyre too. Just take out the valve core, put the tube thats connected to bottle over your valve stem, and squeeze for a couple of seconds. Job done. Fill with your valve in the 2 o'clock posistion and it will seal your rim band too.

Jamie

I have used it when doing big trials, i.e. manx, white rose and found it works well, stops the usual problems with tubeless trials tyres of always having slight leakage from bead, yes there is a bit of slime in tyre when you come to change it but in my experience this wipes off easily with a cloth, not much of a downside to it.