1-day Scot Trial

fiddler

Hi all

I'm looking at organising a local 1 day Scot type trial.

Problem is I have never ridden one, but have ridden plenty of enduros.

I have also ridden quite a few local trials, so understand that reasonable well.

Will most likely be around 140km with 30 sections

Any suggestions on how to manage the scoring.

I can get our local enduro timing expert to attend with all his timing gear, so that part is not really a big issue.

Setting out sections should be fine, also.

However what would be a good way of scoring with point versus time

Any suggestions appriciated

K

Hi all

I'm looking at organising a local 1 day Scot type trial.

Problem is I have never ridden one, but have ridden plenty of enduros.

I have also ridden quite a few local trials, so understand that reasonable well.

Will most likely be around 140km with 30 sections

Any suggestions on how to manage the scoring.

I can get our local enduro timing expert to attend with all his timing gear, so that part is not really a big issue.

Setting out sections should be fine, also.

However what would be a good way of scoring with point versus time

Any suggestions appriciated

K

As long as you can get 200plus volunteers for the day and someone to organise them it should be straightforward.

Where would it be where are you?

Sorry, I'm down under.

Yep, I realise that observers and the logistics of getting observers in place is going to be significant.

I was more looking at how to score the event in relation to time vs points

k

Thats why you need 200 roughly 3 per section then theres the refuelling which i would imagine will be your biggest problem in Aus? fire risk etc?

I like that every rider needs to bring an observer. brilliant.

In that case we only need 30 riders :-), which is properly all we will get anyway.

There will be fuel every 10/15km or so after a section. Fuel will included in the entry and properly 50:1 premix with some clean super for 4st and the guys who prefer to mix their on the spot.

Fire risk is going to be virtually nil, as it will be during our wet winter.

Fire extinguishers will be compulsory anyway and you must finish with it or take penalty points (ie if you loose it).

Marking, it appears that we have found a biodegradable spray paint which apparently will fade and be gone in approx 6 weeks outdoors. This makes marking a breeze as we can essentially mark 95% of the course without arrows and pegs. Nice and easy to clean up too. I'm awaiting info from a forestry guy about the stuff.

The event will be in Hawke's Bay, New Zealand.

K

From my experiance of watching at the Scott you'll need more than one observer at each section but it will depend on the entry size. At time more than one rider is in the section at the same time (sometime 5 or 6 at a time) and one observer couldn't handle that.

We might just have to mend the rules a little and only have one rider at a time in a section.

Just like at a normal trial, only one rider at a time.

After all the first prize will be a chocolate bar ( a nice one, tho) so no reason riders cannot be quite gentlemen about it :-)

K

fiddler Posted Today, 03:50 PM

After all the first prize will be a chocolate bar ( a nice one, tho)

Oh you definitely have my interest, Now All I need is the location of the event.

oh wait I need air fare to Aus., a trials bike to ride. I may remember to bring my own ratty riding gear but a sponsorship would be better for me.

I REALLY like Chocolate :rolleyes: can't you tell. Sounds well worth the effort to me.

Seriously, I would like to ride some trials Down Under and in the UK. Just don't have the funds..........Come on lottery numbers............

Oh you definitely have my interest, Now All I need is the location of the event.

oh wait I need air fare to Aus., a trials bike to ride. I may remember to bring my own ratty riding gear but a sponsorship would be better for me.

I REALLY like Chocolate :wacko: can't you tell. Sounds well worth the effort to me.

Seriously, I would like to ride some trials Down Under and in the UK. Just don't have the funds..........Come on lottery numbers............

He said he was a Kiwi, i think, Zipper!

I am not quite sure how to put proportion to this, but I think it is like Texas and Michigan, with water in between, and you are on the WRONG side!

:rolleyes:

I have shipped bikes around the world a few times and it's actually quite affordable. A trials bike would just about be excess luggage, but you need to shop around to get a good rate.

Add a rental car/van and you are away.

Get a few contacts here and you would be riding for a month solid.

Aussie and NZ have heaps of free riding areas, but they are not easy to find so you will need local guidance.

K