Rl250 Beamish Con Rod

djr

hello, can anyone advise me where to get a con rod kit for a silver engine RL250 beamish .

have tried one suzuki dealer with no luck, and four other suppliers of pattern parts.

two of the suppliers had con rods but both turned out to be the wrong part when delivered (very annoying!)

somewhere in the south east of england would be best so i can drive there and see if the part is

correct before i pay .(and can avoid the messing about involved in returning parts)

alternatively would any body know if the TS250 or TM250 from the early 1970`s (or any other models)

use the same con rod ? this would give me another option to try when looking

thanks in advance for any help

dave

Gday, according to my cross reference the 74 RL uses a 12161- 30200 Rod, same as a TS 250 69-74 model, and a 72-74 TM 250. The 75 RL uses a 12161-16400 rod, same as 72-75 TM 250, and TS 250 71-81

(up to an X) 250. It looks a bit like there was supercession there. I Dunno if the Beamish's used a different rod. Pro-X have a sizing chart in their catologue and Im sure they would make a rod that fits.

Cheers,

Stork

thanks Stork , for that information, it will give me some more options to look for.

i am not sure the exact year of this beamish , from what i have read about them they are not

an easy bike to date . I think it could be between 74-78

thanks

dave

• 2 weeks later...