Can A Youth Ride A 200cc Bike?

sam95

hello people,

can a youth ride a 200cc size engine bike i want to no becuse i have brought a honda tlm200 and im 14 years old. I was just looking on the forum and it made me think and i am thinking of going upto birchwood farm, kidderminster would they let me ride it there.

so any idea?

Edited by sam95

Unfortunately not. You are limited in competitions to a 125 untill you are 17. If you are not riding competitions and just learning then I don't suppose its any harm and then get a 125. The power I am guessing on a 125 is now far superior to a tlm 200

thanks, so that practically means that i can still practice at birchwood farm but not compete thats ok becuse i dont think i will be competeing for a while.

:chairfall: thanks for the fast reply.

I think if you ride with a AMCA club then you can ride what you like.

ACU clubs you need to ride a 125cc until you are 17.

ACU Youth riders must compete on the correct capacity machine.

For youth A that is 125cc, however, you can ride as an adult when you are 16 and therefore use any capacity machine.

That said, although you are riding as an adult at 16, because you are under 18 you will need a parent or guardian to sign the entry for for you.

I hope this clarifies the situation :chairfall:

• 8 months later...

ACU Youth riders must compete on the correct capacity machine.

For youth A that is 125cc, however, you can ride as an adult when you are 16 and therefore use any capacity machine.

That said, although you are riding as an adult at 16, because you are under 18 you will need a parent or guardian to sign the entry for for you.

I hope this clarifies the situation

Just a bit extra to add....I thought you could only ride a 250 as an adult in the calender year you become 17 ? So if your birthday is on 30 June you will have to finish the year you are 16 on a 125 then on 1 Jan you can ride a 250.

It's how I understood the ACU rules....I'm no expert but would like any experts out there to confirm it...

I know I could read the ACU handbook !!!

John Collins clarified this a while back, you can ride as an adult from your 16th birthday on any capacity machine.

You can ride as a Youth until the end of the calendar year in which you are 17.

You can swap between the two classes, but must ride a 125 if entered as a Youth.

Riders mut have a parent/guardians concent regardless of the machine or event until the day of their 18th birthday.

I'll try to find John's post on the subject later.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

• 4 months later...

Amca only alow18+ to ride hope helps m8 I am in the same boat as u some trials I can ride in some I can't but they have never said any thing about the bike it's a 185