Btc Round 1 Winner

sectiononecleaner

It looks to me like the British Champs and maybe trials in general has lost touch with reality, I'm all for pushing Dibs, Michael Brown and Wiggy to prepare them for a World Championship assault but the facts are:

Shaun Morris only got through 5 sections

Gary MacDonald dropped 133 in the expert class which is a class down, not prepping lads for the the worlds

Dan Thorpe dropped 151 in the same class

Only one rider was in double figures in the whole event!

May be I'm stuck in the past (I'm certainly past it) but I rode a lot of British rounds in the late eighties early ninties and was riding the same course as Steve Saunders Steve Colley, Rob Crawford etc who were competing in the World Champs at that time but was able to attempt every section (maybe rose tinted spectacles are clouding my judgement here) and have a good tough days trialing.

Just where is trials going?

Edited by Hughesy

Being there today it was not so much the severity of the sections but the weather yet again playing a massive part. If its not snow, its heavy rain and when the rain clears we get heavy frosts so just about everything chucked in. I personally thought the severity was spot on for a british championship as did many others and the club had set out what promised to be an excellant trial. And i think it was. What became a problem was the heavy downpour on friday night and as the day unfolded on the sat sections were tweaked to suit the conditions. We then get heavy frosts overnight and on travelling to the event -4 was not in any way a help.

So what to you do?

Yet again great crowds, smiling faces and lots of whoo's for the crowds and full tummies. Sounds good to me.

Last year Ian won A class on 6 with San Conner second on 11, this year Ian wins on 122.

Last week Dan Thorpe won National on 7 this week he droped 151.

Last week Chris Short won youth A class & Chris Stay was 2nd, this week Shorty retaired after hurting his hand & Chris Stay retaired after failing to get through any sections on first lap to live to fight another day. The results would suggest that this trial was a bit over the top to say the least.

IOW - The results would suggest that this trial was a bit over the top to say the least.

Im sure you will agree the weather in our sport can alter a section at any time making it harder or in some cases easier. The weather in most cases will always win. Reason to suggest the trial was over the top in no way reflects the huge efforts it takes to put on these events for any club. Would love a bit of the spanish weather mind it would make things alot easier lol.

Im sure you will agree the weather in our sport can alter a section at any time making it harder or in some cases easier. The weather in most cases will always win. Reason to suggest the trial was over the top in no way reflects the huge efforts it takes to put on these events for any club. Would love a bit of the spanish weather mind it would make things alot easier lol.

Absolutely. In my years of going to world rounds I've seen totally blistering heat, rain from light to downright tropical downpours, unbelievable flooding (anybody remember Duluth?!) and even snow. Organisers can never account for the weather, but it's all part and parcel. Every rider had to ride in the same conditions so although the scores might seem high, the playing field was level.

But could an inspection of the trial by C of course in the morning helped, and slight changes to sections taking into account the weather have been made? I know that ice is the worst thing to ride on and we can,t blame Scarbrough club for that, but some early morning changes to sections may have made the back end of the fields day a bit more enjoyable.

But could an inspection of the trial by C of course in the morning helped, and slight changes to sections taking into account the weather have been made? I know that ice is the worst thing to ride on and we can,t blame Scarbrough club for that, but some early morning changes to sections may have made the back end of the fields day a bit more enjoyable.

When I got the results from Dave Willoughby tonight and was sat writing the report I was really surprised to see both your lads retired. I know the Scarborough guys very well. I've been down to their Trials and I know the last thing they would have wanted is for people to have travelled to their event and then not be able to take part or to finish. Whatever happened today, I'm certain it caught them unawares.

Seems to me spring happens later now,how about starting the series in April in the south,perhaps running into October to finish if necessary.Events this hard frustrate most of the entry and are not the way to encourage riders to ride this championship.I'm not blaming the club,I've laid out events and had the weather ruin them too,it just makes it pointless for all concerned