Evo Flywheel Weight.

liviob

• 5 months later...

That's an easy question ! Ask your local dealer to contact the importer, Beta offers a bolt on flywheel weight. Do a little research and you will find that beta offers several factory goodies.

Or go here http://www.americanbeta.com/beta-trials-accessories.html scroll down about a 1/3 to 1/2 half way. Warning lots of bling on this page but a handy reference come xmas time. I'm thinking I need to print a copy and casually circle a few items and leave it where wifey can see. Also may put my local dealer info in her cell phone .... on speed dial .... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the replys. I have seen the weight that beta offers. I have gotten used to the power of the 290 motor and I'm not sure if i need a flywheel weight now. The motor setup I have now is very good for a 250lb. rider riding at high altidude in dry conditions. I must admit that when the rocks are slippery my traction finding skills are weak, also I think the motor is too robust for slippery conditions, even on the low power ignition setting. Also It's not too often that I ride in slippery conditions. Well.... now that i think about it I did ride most every weekend last winter. Maybe I should try a flywheel weight and remove the Boyeson powerwing from the carb for winter riding to see if i can get better traction on the wet rocks and logs.

What do you think? Do you fellas have a high traction motor setup and a low traction motor setup. Or do you just rely on the clutch and high low ignition switch and continue polishing your technique?

Do you fellas who ride wet terrain use a flywheel weight?

Edited by Liviob

Thanks for the replys. I have seen the weight that beta offers. I have gotten used to the power of the 290 motor and I'm not sure if i need a flywheel weight now. The motor setup I have now is very good for a 250lb. rider riding at high altidude in dry conditions. I must admit that when the rocks are slippery my traction finding skills are weak, also I think the motor is too robust for slippery conditions, even on the low power ignition setting. Also It's not too often that I ride in slippery conditions. Well.... now that i think about it I did ride most every weekend last winter. Maybe I should try a flywheel weight and remove the Boyeson powerwing from the carb for winter riding to see if i can get better traction on the wet rocks and logs.

What do you think? Do you fellas have a high traction motor setup and a low traction motor setup. Or do you just rely on the clutch and high low ignition switch and continue polishing your technique?

Do you fellas who ride wet terrain use a flywheel weight?

Never used the weight on 09/10 290.

Are you saying that you feel that you dont frrl the need to slow the motor with the added weight in slippery conditions?

Yes. I feel that taken in isolation a flywheel weight may help in one way but then detract with the overrun. I like a response between my twist and the back wheel rather than the weight interpret what I want. If you are finding grip lost easily change down a gear and practice weight distribution/grip. Even with the standard set up there is a fair amount of flywheel weight on this bike, I understand the factory bikes have more taken off.

Thanks for the info Nigel. Several months ago I Modified my Beta's clutch as described in the pinned section above. This seeminly minor mod made the clutch much more useful. It removed all of the grabbyness and really transformed the bike. I have been using the clutch to control traction more frequently and with much more control. Looking back most of the struggles that I was having around the time i wrote the original post were really caused by me not using the clutch as much as I should have because of it's poor carictoristics. I have noticed the RPM over run that you spoke of with just the stock flywheel weight.