Fantic 200 Fork Nuts/caps + Side Panels

ssdt1980

Hi,

Many thanks Steve for helping me out.

I would still be interested to know if fork nuts/caps are available anywhere as a spare part, as the hexagons are a bit chewed up.

Also why is possible for fibre glass replacement side panels for a Bultaco to be made, yet no one has done this for the Fantic's?

Someone has and he's called Lee and he'll probably turn up sooner or later,if not try Bill Pye.Or make your own out of aluminium sheet.Very easy and look loads better in my opinion.

Yep had loads made...didnt sell em for 100 quid though.

I have boxes of fork nuts also......

Still working on the 200 side panels out of HIPS. Had success with the 240 and 300 side panels. See 240 below.

DCP_1140.jpg

DCP_1143.jpg

Yeah, these look great, I made 2 out of perspex, but the colour's not good, these look more the business without having loads of cable tie's everywhere. How would they hold up to heat with the left side being so close to the exhaust?

I really dont know.

The tool is made from silicon. The resin is the melted and sucked into the evacuated tool.

very flexible even after 2 years. I would say better than original but they are pink1 AAARrrrHHH!!

Lee yes totally different to what SSDT1980 above was discussing. His are vacformed from HIPS Sheet from the look of them.

Pink was good enough for many trials bikes in the past hehe.

Wayne....

They are made from HIPS, then vac formed over a GRP mold i took from an origonal. The lugs on the back are nylon, turned down on a laith to match the origonal lugs. The problem i have is bonding the lugs onto the panels. I have used araldite to bond the lugs on however i am not sure the bond is strong enough. I could tap a thread into the lug and have a flush bolt head on the front side.

Any ideas???????

I have at the moment got panels made for 240 - 125 and 300. I have made some for my own 200 but have troubles making the clip that goes around the frame.

Ta.