2010 Manx 2 Day Trial

manx2day

Entries for the 2010 Manx 2 Day Trial open tomorrow, Friday 12th March.

For those of you who rode in last years event, you should be recieving your entry form and supplementary regulations in the post.

For those of you who haven't yet had the opportunity to ride this fantastic event, entry forms will be available for download from our website tomorrow morning. If you do not have access to the internet then you can phone the entries secretary, Tony Temple, on 01624 852842 providing your address and which route you wish to ride, National, Clubman or Sidecar.

Entries WILL close Friday 16th April or when full. The solo class is always extremely popular and it is on a first come first serve basis so be sure to send your entries in ASAP to avoid disappointment. The sidecar class is always popular and is starting to have a bit of international flavour.

As some of you may or may not have heard the UK Government is pulling out of the Repricol Health Agreement with the Isle of Man from 1st April. This will mean that if you are unfortunately injured while on the Island and need medical treatment, you will not be covered unless you have appropriate insurance in place which will cover any treatment costs and repatriation to the UK via air ambulance if it is necessary. For further information, please visit our website.

Please do not let this latest development put you off and we hope to see you in August. :rotfl:

Edited by manx2day

As some of you may or may not have heard the UK Government is pulling out of the Repricol Health Agreement with the Isle of Man from 1st April. This will mean that if you are unfortunately injured while on the Island and need medical treatment, you will not be covered unless you have appropriate insurance in place which will cover any treatment costs and repatriation to the UK via air ambulance if it is necessary. For further information, please visit our website.

Please do not let this latest development put you off and we hope to see you in August. :barf:

As I stated above in the original post regarding the Reciprocal Health Agreement between the Isle of Man and the UK ending at the end of March, i can now confirm that this WILL NOT go ahead as the UK Government have made a u-turn (sound familiar!?) and have extended the existing agreement for a further 6 months.

You will therefore not require a travel insurance policy for the trial or any other visit to the Isle of Man for the next 6 months but, i would still advise it. You never know what the government will do between now and then. Yearly policies are quite cheap (from about

I have not ridden for a couple of years (due to injury) but looking forward to riding this year, great trial and love the island just such a pity that the steam packet have to rip you off so much to get there, it nearly stops me going but cannot keep away from the island, good luck Marky G sure you will love it.

Sorry about the boat prices boys, nothing we can do about that unfortunately! Wish we could! The Steam Packet like to rob everyone!

You will thoroughly enjoy it Marky, you'll get the bug and be back year upon year. You will get to see a lot of island in a different way to most poeple who visit. The tracks and mooar crossings are brilliant fun and the trial has an excellent social side to it. Beer, bikes and fantastic views, can't beat it.

It's always good to see newcomers and returnees every year.

See you all in August!

• 1 month later...

Ok Guy's,

I've got my number, never done it before can anybody tell me what to expect? I'm doing the clubman class on a twinshock. Anybody got any hints, tips or comments?

Cheers, TGH30

Excellent event on one of the more capable twinshocks (personal opinion obviously as to what is capable....)

I've ridden it for a few years on a TYZ but last year rode it on my 340 Sherpa. Thoroughly enjoyed it, the bike is more than capable of handling most sections, there were only about 5 or 6 sections each day that I found really difficult and could 3 at best or 5. One was a long hill climb (3rd or 4th on a modern bike, 3rd on the Bult) with a bumpy entrance and a bump half way up. The modern bikes never felt the bump but it threw the Bult about a bit resulting in being knocked off line and a 5. The ohers were where precise clutch/brake control was needed at the bottom of steepish descents in order to turn tight and line up for the next part of the section, usually another climb. On a modern bike no problem but the brakes on the Bult made this difficult. However, sections like this are very few, most are straightforward without tight turns.

I'm riding the same bike again this year, the suspension clutch and brakes are all working better now so I hope I can do the bike justice this time. It deserved a better result last year. Can't remember my number but it's very low, somewhere around 10.