Norton Sliders?

greeves

Hi: Are this Norton sliders?? Is there any place where they could change for me this inside part "friction sleeve" or however it is called?

They were originally in a trials TFS greeves.

Thank you !!!

Edited by Greeves

Javier doubt if they are Norton. Probably Ceriani, MP or REH.

I assume you mean the fork stantion is a sloppy fit in the alloy slider?

If that is so then you need to have the bush in the alloy slider replaced and reamed to the exact size of the chrome stantion. Most of these forks did not have bronze bushes fitted so you will be best getting a machine shop to bore the slider out then make a bronze bush to an interference fit and then ream it once insitu.

Going to be expensive and probably might be better to have a set of new Marzocchis fitted into the alloy sliders you have? At least then the forks will perform much better more to modern standards.

Choice is yours matre.

Definitely not Norton Roadholders

MP, Ceriani and REH all look very similar and it is hard to tell them apart. Greeves (not you Javier, the company...) used to fit Cerianis to their bikes so they could be Ceriani.

PS - MP, REH and Ceriani aren't supposed to be eligible for the Pre65 Scottish, just in case you do think about having them modified and putting modern forks inside them.

Edited by Woody

I hopefully have some good news, the type of bush fitted to the top of the slider is of the "DU" type. These bushes have a PTFE impregnated bearing surface which does not require reaming to size after pressing in. Try Simply Bearings or Eriks in the UK for replacements. If the forks are Metal Profiles MP675 (35 mm dia. stanchions) the DU bush should be 25 mm long.

A 35 mm dia. bore DU bush generally has a 39 mm outside diameter and is available in a variety of standard lengths.

A similar 35 mm dia. bush but shorter at 15 mm long is available from Honda at reasonable cost, part no 51414-469-003.

Definitely not Norton Roadholders

MP, Ceriani and REH all look very similar and it is hard to tell them apart. Greeves (not you Javier, the company...) used to fit Cerianis to their bikes so they could be Ceriani.

PS - MP, REH and Ceriani aren't supposed to be eligible for the Pre65 Scottish, just in case you do think about having them modified and putting modern forks inside them.

Woodys right on the elegability Javier. I dont know if you were thinking Scottish as i know also the event is a very aspirational one in Spain still but you might, then again you might not, have problems with elegability using those sliders whereas Norton ones with modern internals no problem and they work better. You know it makes sense :wall:

Thanks all for the help. Thank Talyd, I think you are correct, that was an acurrate reply.

Yes I was thinking in a British bike. Tose are nice sliders and after Talyd

Edited by Greeves

Hi,

Most likely MP, from memory... did replace seals on fathers Sprite.

OT, know a man who replaced Anglian std with Ceriani in 1965.

Or probably more accurate, ordered with these as an option because Ive never seen any std forks in his garage..cheers,

Edited by Pat