Help With Mudguards

martinm

Hi All

Attached is a photo of a front mudguard from a Jumbo SWM.

They were a universal guard with 3 flat sides rather than a rounded section. They are not stamped with any logos and were used on several other bikes including Armstrong Monos, early air cooled GasGas and even the RTX.

I have recently seen several bikes with white versions, but no-one seems to know what make they are or where they got them from.

Has anyone any idea who manufactured these and if anybody is still selling them in any colour. I have checked and dont think they are Acerbis or Gonelli......any other ideas?

Thanks

Martin

www.motoswm.com

I think they may be Acerbis. They recently produced universal front and rear guards for older trials bikes. I was shown a pair (white) to see if they were suitable for my Ossa but I discounted the front one as it had flat edges and wasn't rounded at the front. Sounds very similar to what you are describing.

Definitley won't be Gonelli as they are round section and front end (Sherpa) Stilmoto are round section but square front with a lip at the edge - Preston Petty copies sort of. UFO used to make nice front guards, round section, round front but don't anymore. Don't think anything else is available.

Pretty sure they could be the new Acerbis guards but don't know who stocks them - Steve Goode may be worth a try as I'm fairly sure it was one of his suppliers that had them.