Kinlochleven Bc 2005

Guest Scottie

Guest Scottie

We have hosted two Championship events with different venues. "the Mound" big steps etc., Sections at The Ice Factor a more traditional type of trial. We would like some feedback from competitors/spectators for the venue of this years trial.

Arthur

cant say ive done both but the sections at ice factor was a more traditional trial however there wasnt much variety. and some of the sections high on the hillside where just dangerous and the best on them all day were 3!! i like the idea of the other place if it is more big steps ;)

Well Gaz I was bloody fit or more knackered by the time I got up to 8 & 9 last year, that was a fair hike!! Great View though, good job I'm not scared of heights. Both trials were good personally I do think where you ran it in 2003 was better, but I'll consult Dad and Mr Jarvis and see what they think.

cheers

Carly

The traditional sections worked well last year, and i thought they were great.

In 03 the trial was good, but i think it was pretty much of the same type of BC trial we get all year, hop skip, rev jump etc.

Where as 04 gave all riders a fair crack - (note section 4/5 the same for both courses, and took marks off virtually everyone).

I think if you incorporated both pieces of land, you could stage an excellent event, just avoid the 04 sections on the hillside that proved a bit tough.

Other than that you have put on two great events, well worth travelling 5 hrs for, unlike some of the other events that get staged as a BC round.

Keep up the good work!!

BW

Edited by Boydw

Guest Scottie

Hi Boyd

You're right a mixture of both would be ideal but with Youths involved road work is out. It would be a very long difficullt way round otherwise(especially for minders). I also feel that the sections last year '04 taking at least twice the marks of '03 proved big steps are not required all day long. We do realise sections 7/8 turned out to be OTT, but one top rider commented that section 9/10/11 were possibly the best BC sections he had ever seen.

Thanks for your comments

Edited by Scottie

Was there for 03 and 04 and both were great although 03 was better from a photographers point of view. A lot of the 04 sections were just too dark. I know it doesn 't come down to the views of the press, but you did ask! :)

Guest Scottie

Everyones point of veiw is relevant Andy. I was dissapointed that I didn't see section 9 clearly in a photograph.

Chris - the area around pipeline is one of those SSI reserves, however if we do decide to have the trial at the Ice Factor then I'm always looking for new sections.

Everyones point of veiw is relevant Andy.  I was dissapointed that I didn't see section 9 clearly in a photograph.

I think it's great you're even asking what folk think - nobody else has done that. It is, obviously, a long way for them to come so you want/need to make it as spot on as possible - and from the feedback here you seem to have done so. It's SSDT territory so will have an affection in the hearts of many, but beyond that I think the organisation has been great and offered just a bit more. The Ice Factor is great and apart from offering them a good revenue boost is a great facility for folk to mingle, get food/drink and for the riders to shower & clean up etc. It also appeared more professional to have a fixed base rather than a trailer in a car park.

My only criticism (and it's not even that really) would be that the Ice Factor couldn't cope - which was understandable given the demand - and everywhere else to get food seemed to be closed. The place across the road missed a mint that day.

Build it and they will come. This website is proof of that.

PS. Carly - Take t'high heels off lass - t'will be easier :)

Guest Scottie

Thanks for your comments Andy, its nice to hear from the people that matter. I take your point about the photography side of things - working on it. It is great to have everyone milling about with some music on. We will make sure the catering improves and the Cafe across the road did not realise there would be an overspill. I think ' The Mound' is a great winter venue but suffers from up to seven foot of bracken growth in the summer. Hopefully now the spectators will have a better understanding of the layout and realise that section 9/10/11/12 are only two minutes walk via the village carparks. Where as walking the course via the infamous 7/8 sections is a hard walk.

Castlewellan in Ireland requires a minibus service to get to section one or a fortyfive minute walk. Unfortunately we can't please everybody all of the time but we will try.

Cheers

Arthur

PS If we do decide to have the trial at the Ice Factor then we will be digging out two or three new replacements for 7/8.