New Bars

jonnybmac

Its the bar thats bend. I have a clutch lever that looks like a letter U. He twatted the tree on full lock going round a tight section.. he just took off on top of a brow in a tight bend.

These bars seem pretty cheap, and I wouldnt mind this price to put it back to normal. Are these the stock bars? Do I need 5.0 or 5.5?

http://www.splatshop.co.uk/domino-standard...handlebars.html

Cheers for all the help so far guys

Edited by jonnybmac

All depends on how you found the original height, from memory 5inch is the original amount of rise.

Only go higher if you're over 6foot or have a bad back & can't bend down properly, raising bar height effectively moves your weight back as you're standing more upright

I loved the original. I do have a bad back though and It has ached a little bit. WOuld that mean I'd have to change my riding style? Think I'll just stick to the 5". Are these what are on the sherco as standard? As the 07 sherco bars are

I have mine set up so that I have to undo the cross-brace to get to the front bolts of the clamp as the brace goes straight ove them. Is this too far forward? I'd rather alter them and my iding style now rather than later if your saying that yours is best setup for riding style.

I got them in blue.. went to the dealer I bought the bike off and said I needed a new mudguard, got an 'oh god', need a new clutch lever too as thats bent.. he said 'what you been doing?', then I asked for some bars and he just started laughing, ha. Was well impressed when the bars, lever and new grips all came to

Edited by jonnybmac

I have mine set up so that I have to undo the cross-brace to get to the front bolts of the clamp as the brace goes straight ove them. Is this too far forward? I'd rather alter them and my iding style now rather than later if your saying that yours is best setup for riding style.

I got them in blue.. went to the dealer I bought the bike off and said I needed a new mudguard, got an 'oh god', need a new clutch lever too as thats bent.. he said 'what you been doing?', then I asked for some bars and he just started laughing, ha. Was well impressed when the bars, lever and new grips all came to

Have mine set so that when viewed side on they appear vertical

I used to like em like that too. But later found that if I rolled em more forward (as Cope described) I'd get less arm pump.

Best of balance.

Neo

Edited by Neo

Have mine set so that when viewed side on they appear vertical

I do not claim to have originated that tip, it came directly from Ryan and is trustworthy. If you do not have them far enough forward, it can cause you some grief in advanced manuvers. Should put them actually near verticle after you are actually on the bike and running with the rear loaded.

:rotfl:

It's generally only the young guys who I've seen with the bars forward of vertical, mind you they also point their levers toward the ground :rotfl: & wear their pants round their ankles

Edited by tony27

It's generally only the young guys who I've seen with the bars forward of vertical, mind you they also point their levers toward the ground :rotfl: & wear their pants round their ankles

I hear what you are saying, yet I doubt most would find this a radical change. As stated, should indeed put the things near verticle as you ride.

Ryan will actuall go through the setup with Every rider, Every time at Every school! It is important if you Ever want to attempt moving the rear wheel, it gives you more room on the bike for steps and such, and increases your feedback as compared to a more rearward position. Gives you a better pull for a little wheelie when needed, which is often!

He does not ride at the radical forward positions, he is kinda old school, yet he has learned the 180 flick on demand, yet he can just as easily pivot on the rear wheel a 180 effortlessly, old style! Not a prob! :)

I have both Ryan's training videos & don't remember seeing his bars as being forward of vertical but thats not to say they aren't, I'm not to his level so am prepared to run them as I do to help me get over the back on big drops

When I first started riding Stefan Merrimans father taught most training days & used to say to aim the bars midway between the axle & rim which is back quite a way. I had a ride of his bike back in 06 & couldn't believe how cramped it felt, didn't stop him beating me though which goes to show that set up is an individual thing