The Best Way To Get Rear Wheel Bearings Out!

sam95

hi back again but my dad is having a problem taking the rear wheel bearings, because he rang me at work asking me to put a post on :rotfl: asking what is the easiest and fastest way to get wheel bearings out of my honda tlm (the wheels are the same as a tlr250) hope that helps.

Edited by sam95

hi back again but my dad is having a problem taking the rear wheel bearings, because he rang me at work asking me to put a post on :rotfl: asking what is the easiest and fastest way to get wheel bearings out of my honda tlm (the wheels are the same as a tlr250) hope that helps.

Hi Sam, I use a rawbolt masonary fixing ( Expanding bolt type ). Get one that is a nice fit into the inner of the bearing. Tighten it up so it grips into the bearing firmly, then using a drift ( I use the long extension from my socket set) Knock it out from the other side. This method has never failed for me.

Hope this helps.

Tikka65

Hi Sam, I use a rawbolt masonary fixing ( Expanding bolt type ). Get one that is a nice fit into the inner of the bearing. Tighten it up so it grips into the bearing firmly, then using a drift ( I use the long extension from my socket set) Knock it out from the other side. This method has never failed for me.

Hope this helps.

Tikka65

That's a good tip! I've not heard of that before.

I always weld a nut to the centre of the bearing and tap on the nut to get it out. Easy IF you've got access to a mig welder.

Pete

:thumbup:thanks tikka my dad says that the rawl bolt idea is briliant. He had to knock it out the old fashioned way (he had to do it on his break and he was in a hurry) but he realy likes that idea he thinks it will save him a lot of time hopfully :D but thanks to every one who replied :):rotfl:

Edited by sam95

been told to use a hot air gun to warm the hub up and bearing should nearly fall out dont know how succesfull it is but the guy who told me this is a mechanic by trade and a well known pre65 rider