World Round No.1

paulmc

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What does "Guest rider" mean?: Junior class: 13. "Gianlucu Tournour (Guest rider)"

It's probably a typo, and they meant "ghost rider".

On a completely unrelated note, I think I watch too many Nicholas Cage movies.

Edited by Funtrials

That would be a good start, someone needs to realise that the French hopefuls/also rans Bethune (and a few others I can't think of!), Spanish Gibert Freixa oliveras, British Morris Danby Haslam and connor could all be doing the top route if it were of a 30 30 30 hard medium easy standard and there were some kind of start money. How much better would the series be with 30 in the top route?

Say, how about a VETERAN class, at the World level, too? We have it at the US/Canadian national level. Why not see Colley, Jarvis, Freixa, Colomer, maybe Kuroyama, and Tarres, etc.? Just reduce the youth class by 3 riders, the junior class by 3 riders, and bingo, you just made room for those six riders! They'd ride the youth or junior lines, I don't know which.

Would you rather see ex-world champion Colomer (currently a great test-rider for Ossa, see the video), or some 16 year old who gets last place, that you've never heard of, and who won't make it into the Junior class next year? Why DOZENS of young riders, but not even one single veteran non-champ-class rider? In say 2 years, do you want to see Dougie ride, battling against Colomer (like in the days of yore), or not? Why should Dougie "be put out to pasture", even though he'll still then be able to beat most (if not all?) of the Youth class riders...seems crazy to me.

Age discrimination anyone?

Your thoughts?

Edited by Funtrials

Say, how about a VETERAN class, at the World level, too? We have it at the US/Canadian national level. Why not see Colley, Jarvis, Freixa, Colomer, maybe Kuroyama, and Tarres, etc.? Just reduce the youth class by 3 riders, the junior class by 3 riders, and bingo, you just made room for those six riders! They'd ride the youth or junior lines, I don't know which.

Would you rather see ex-world champion Colomer (currently a great test-rider for Ossa, see the video), or some 16 year old who gets last place, that you've never heard of, and who won't make it into the Junior class next year? Why DOZENS of young riders, but not even one single veteran non-champ-class rider? In say 2 years, do you want to see Dougie ride, battling against Colomer (like in the days of yore), or not? Why should Dougie "be put out to pasture", even though he'll still then be able to beat most (if not all?) of the Youth class riders...seems crazy to me.

Age discrimination anyone?

Your thoughts?

On paper it looks like a good idea - the only thing is someone will have to pay for it?? hmmmm, now therin lies the problem !