Montesa 4rt 2005/2007 Difference?

redster

I am about to get into trials and I decided to get a Montesa 4RT. I found a used 2005 and a used 2007, both in great condition. Being that the 2005 has seen less use than the 2007 am I missing out anything if I went for the 2005 model?

Regards,

Redster

I am about to get into trials and I decided to get a Montesa 4RT. I found a used 2005 and a used 2007, both in great condition. Being that the 2005 has seen less use than the 2007 am I missing out anything if I went for the 2005 model?

Regards,

dude...don't even bother withthe 05...get the 07 !

Definately differences between '05; '06 and '07.

I have an '06, my lad has an '09 and they are like chalk and cheese to ride.

I lent him my bike yesterday to ride a Scottish Championship round (Clubman class which he won) on my '06 and it took him half a lap just to get used to the harsher power delivery. He says its more like a switch than the smooth power delivery of his '09 bike.

He rode the SSDT last year on his '07 which was a second hand one and it too was smoother than my '06.

Having said that the '05 was still lacking the improvements made to the 06 model.

If you want my advice go for the '07, you will not regret it.

Myself, I'd have an 2010 model, still considering the remote posibility!

Big John

I am in the process of putting my KTM Adventure bike for sale and I believe a friend of mine is going to buy it. I hope parts will not be hard to find and hop up parts are available so I can eventually customize it to my liking. The thing that drawn me to the bike is the fabled reliability and I like that. Rather spend lots of time riding than fixing a bike.

There is a real crack to the exhaust note on the 05 that can be deafening, the 07 sorted that out also cam is different power delivery as standard I find is smoother on the 07 and I rode an 05 back to back with mine last week so noticed the difference stright away. As for the 05 having less use I wouldnt worry too much mate as these bikes are really built to last. As long as the 07 is in good shape and theres no horrible noise coming from the motor you'll be OK. Incidently I was out with a guy a few weeks ago who had an 05 that he bought from new, got talking about maintainence etc and his bike was caked in crap when he got it out of the van, I said did you not wash it? He said now and then maybe not often though. I asked how often he changed the oil/filter........he said never!! I was well shocked he said he's never touvhed it since he got it but he did check the oil level once and it was low so he put some Asda engine oil in!!

Unbelievable really but the engine sounded as sweet as mine and it also went up any obstacle that we went up.

Ok, for sure i'll go for the 07 then,it's not much more than the 2005 being offered. The 05 one the fella bought it and rarely rode it, it looks brand new still.He probably just ride it around his back yard, no scratches and little scratches on the skid plate(maybe from the work stand) Now I got to get my mate to buy my bike sooner so I can get this 2007 before someone would.