Ssdt Licence

lee harris

A mate of mine from germany has been accepted with his sister to ride. She has a FIM licence cos she rides EM rounds.

Her brother has DMSB B Licence (Deutsche Motor Sport Bund B- Licence). He can ride "Europen Open and National, all disciplins" rounds here in europe on that.

Is his Licence OK ?From theb SSDT.org site it says....

"!The only licences valid for the SSDT are an ACU Registration Card, an SACU/MCUI Licence or a full FIM International Licence"

What is an SACU/MCUI Licence???

Help needed quickly please

Edited by Lee Harris

Unqualified help is all I can offer.. Scottish ACU licence or full FIM are more expensive If you have an UK (England or Wales) adress to use it's the cheapest option (

Edited by chewy

The letter he's got and the website details are correct I'm afraid - the only licences valid for the SSDT are an ACU Registration Card (England/Wales/IOM), SACU Licence (Scotland), MCUI Licence (Northern Ireland) and full international FIM licence (anywhere else).

The ACU and SACU won't licence you if they think you're joining to get a cheap route to the SSDT rather than for genuine reasons, so really the only option available is to pay for the full international FIM licence. They're cutting it fine now though, with less that two weeks to go - tell your pal to get a move on because he can't start without it!

Any questions, tell him to give me a shout at the SSDT Office. :thumbup:

I read all that, and I just gotta state that I find it rather offensive on too many levels.

So someone pays there way there, and cannot be able to gladly give money to the SACU on site, is rediculous enough.

The fact that you gotta mess with FIM if not from the UK, is another put off, in time and money.

Add to all that, none of this is really about "license" really is it? More about money and or insurance?

I read all that, and I just gotta state that I find it rather offensive on too many levels.

So someone pays there way there, and cannot be able to gladly give money to the SACU on site, is rediculous enough.

The fact that you gotta mess with FIM if not from the UK, is another put off, in time and money.

Add to all that, none of this is really about "license" really is it? More about money and or insurance?

It doesn't seem unreasonable that an "International" rider should have to have an International licence for an International event does it? I just don't understand someone lucky enough to get an entry farting about with the essentials at this late stage.

The Scottish ACU issues its own licences to riders who actually live (reside) in Scotland. If you live in England or Wales then you get yourself an ACU Registration Card and pay per trial. In Ireland they obtain MCUI licences.

The SACU have an agreement with the ACU that they do not issue licences to riders who live in England or Wales or Ireland and that also includes foreign nationals.

There is also the issue of repatriation costs in the unfortunate event of an accident occuring during an event and that is why overseas riders need FIM Gold Cover for the repatriation insurance.

Cost has absolutely nothing to do with the issue, its down to insurance and legal matters!

Big John