Easy Events

mickwren

We keep hearing the the WC is crap etc. Complaints about reducing the section time to 1 minute, travelling all that way to ride 30 sections at a maximum of 1 minute each making a total of 30 minutes riding for the day, but you are saying that it is ok to have trial so easy that all tie deciders are used up to the piont where the decision goes to the person who got his day over the quickest. Thats not what trialing is about in my book

We keep hearing the the WC is crap etc. Complaints about reducing the section time to 1 minute, travelling all that way to ride 30 sections at a maximum of 1 minute each making a total of 30 minutes riding for the day, but you are saying that it is ok to have trial so easy that all tie deciders are used up to the piont where the decision goes to the person who got his day over the quickest. Thats not what trialing is about in my book

Damned if you do and damned if you don't! Trials by it's nature will never satisfy everyone.

We always provide three routes at our club trials but I still get comments like "The C route is too eay but the B route is too hard!"

Organisers can only try to do their best and hopefully learn from their mistakes.

Pete

No one rides the wtc ???

I would be well into the top 20 on a c50 because less than 20 ride ??????? ace world champs that, Leave it alone, make it harder , make it easy.

It is just a showcase for the trick riders, not real trials at all.

No one rides the wtc ???

I would be well into the top 20 on a c50 because less than 20 ride ??????? ace world champs that, Leave it alone, make it harder , make it easy.

It is just a showcase for the trick riders, not real trials at all.

Perhaps you need to attend more wtc events.

its a great spectacle, the skill of the riders is amazing and they are real trial riders. Dougie a trick rider? No way!!!

(ps it should be too not to in your signature surely?)

I am with Mick on this one.

Trials that are decided on luck with the human element of observing, who is best at pushing in the ques and riding fast between sections are not the way to go. It also short changes the spectater because instead of the riders you are interested in being in action for 5 hrs some were finished in less than 3. It really messes things up if you are trying tofollow a group of riders. If you want to kill the WTC this is the way to go

A solution could be to have 5 easy sections so the riders trying to break in to the wtc can at least have some encouragement to turnup again,5 medium and 5 bloody horrendous to give the top boys a chance to showcase their talents and clawback that wild 5 they had whilst hanging on for a clean.

Clean after clean section after section is not exciting or interesting for TV or if you are there. Like with most things,extremes are not good the middle ground is usually the best compromise. A winner in the 20 odd mark lost area usually produces a good trial.

A fatal mistake in Portugal was that the organisers would not take any notice of the riders who warned them of a fiasco on Friday then made very poor modifications for the second day(bigger steps with longer run ups which tend to cancel each other out) when the riders were proved right.

Please future organisers listen to the riders if enough of them voice concerns.

A solution could be to have 5 easy sections so the riders trying to break in to the wtc can at least have some encouragement to turnup again,5 medium and 5 bloody horrendous to give the top boys a chance to showcase their talents and clawback that wild 5 they had whilst hanging on for a clean.

This is what is supposed to be done. The FIM simply failed to do their job. First they make it too hard then too easy. You would think that this was their first time putting on a Trial.

As for ties being broken by the fastest finisher, imagine a tie at the Brittish Open of Golf being decided by who walked the course fastest!

There is a great opportunity here for a dramatic sudden death play off. Great for TV and spectators.

Perhaps you need to attend more wtc events.

its a great spectacle, the skill of the riders is amazing and they are real trial riders. Dougie a trick rider? No way!!!

(ps it should be too not to in your signature surely?)

Cant Ride a bike or splel .

You are right about douggie, Thats why he isnt winning.

Never said it wasnt a great spectacle, ONCE . Even better when it was free to watch.

IMHO>My Own ,Its now a merry go round for the men in suits.

Got my copy of the third Twinshock books a few weeks ago and there is a picture of the then WORLD champion Ulf Karlson taking his works bike off the back rack on his mercedes car, that was real trials , massive entrys, massive crowds, really enjoyable trials won on a hand full of marks.

Lose 7 lose the trial ,same for everyone.

This is what is supposed to be done. The FIM simply failed to do their job. First they make it too hard then too easy. You would think that this was their first time putting on a Trial.

As for ties being broken by the fastest finisher, imagine a tie at the Brittish Open of Golf being decided by who walked the course fastest!

There is a great opportunity here for a dramatic sudden death play off. Great for TV and spectators.

There allready are ways of deciding a tie, it would benifit the guys on smaller bikes even capacity comes into play..

But we all try and either defend or put down the champs, but the fact is they are allready broken...makes no difference what i think, or any of the know-it-all keyboard jockys, its the riders that should get a say ALL THE RIDERS NOT JUST THE TOP ELITE, They have done the damage allready.